my new home for the next 3 months

jasonl

well like many others my job ended last week and there definately doesn't seem like ther is much going on in niagara so i started looking abroad. Well I got a pretty decent offer in baker lake nunavut and i'll be leaving next week

http://static.flickr.com/32/63724664_a9b91904be.jpg

after 3 months I'll get some time off and a ticket back home so i'll atleast be able to chase some salmon and hopefully get a deer in the freezer

I hope you're making a crap load of money because you will be paying 10 to 15 dollars for a gallon of milk or 2 liter of pop in Baker Lake!!!!! :w00t:

A friend of mine lived there for a while and clued me in on the living expenses there.

Bring lots of Pixie spoons as the Char and Laker fishing is pretty decent in the area. ;)

It should be a blast though, have fun and post pics!!!!

Edited by DRIFTER_016

good job man........shows a lot of guts picking up and moving like that to find work

i'm sure it will be well worth it, mentally and financially

tambo

I spent a winter in fort mac and another in grande prairie so it shouldn't be tooooo bad

To tell ya the truth, I love the Arctic, been there on 6 occassions including 4 days and 3 nights holding a tent pole and rationing heat (Fuel), no comms, till the Canadian Rangers rescued us from the Storm of the Century in Palutuk. Cant beat that, luved it, as we survived 130Km plus winds. great experiences. try to get your self on some Caribou Hunts, my favorite meat.