Addicted to top waters

Fishnwire

All I wanna do is throw top-waters for smallies. Even if my partner in the boat is producing fish, and I can't raise one on my poppers, I'm just can't seem to stop thowin' 'em. That rush you get when a big bass breaks surface simply does not compare to the feeling of a fish taking bait below surface. I'd rather see a single fish break water on a top-water than land 5 equivalent fish from the deep.

I'm addicted. I`m ruined for subsurface fishing. I need help.

Topwater rules man, why do you think the fish's eyes are on top of there head...there system is designed to look up and BAM topwater can be the most productive technique going.

No matter where I am if the option is to wake up early 5 O clock I'm up and fishing with a skitter pop or something similar.

Cheers to Explosive fishing!

MTBF

My problem is that even if I know top-waters are not the most productive presentation, I'll still elect to throw 'em. Lately I'd rather experience one or two surface smashers than to tie into a dozen different bass below the surface. There are times when I know that other presentations have a better chance of catching fish, but refuse to put down my top-water rod. I swear to God putting down that top-water rod is like trying to put down a crack-pipe...despite what's best for me...I just don't care.

Oh God...just gimme one more heart-pounding surface blast...just one more...I NEED IT! Don't hold back on me...if I don't get what I need then send me to re-hab. PLEASE JUST HIT THAT POPPER!!!!!! I'm dying here. I`m begging!

Doesn`t that sound like your typical addict?

All I wanna do is throw top-waters for smallies. Even if my partner in the boat is producing fish, and I can't raise one on my poppers, I'm just can't seem to stop thowin' 'em. That rush you get when a big bass breaks surface simply does not compare to the feeling of a fish taking bait below surface. I'd rather see a single fish break water on a top-water than land 5 equivalent fish from the deep.

You took the words right outa my mouth.

I need help too :P

Have you tried "Scum Frogs" in the scum and weeds yet?

My problem is that even if I know top-waters are not the most productive presentation, I'll still elect to throw 'em. Lately I'd rather experience one or two surface smashers than to tie into a dozen different bass below the surface. There are times when I know that other presentations have a better chance of catching fish, but refuse to put down my top-water rod. I swear to God putting down that top-water rod is like trying to put down a crack-pipe...despite what's best for me...I just don't care.

Oh God...just gimme one more heart-pounding surface blast...just one more...I NEED IT! Don't hold back on me...if I don't get what I need then send me to re-hab. PLEASE JUST HIT THAT POPPER!!!!!! I'm dying here. I`m begging!

Doesn`t that sound like your typical addict?

Thats sounds exactly like me !

step one: "I am powerless over top water fishing and my wife is unmanageable" :blink:

All I wanna do is throw top-waters for smallies.

Tomorrow i planned a day of fishing for the first time in a long while.

All i plan to do is throw topwaters for bass, maybe i will troll for muskies for a few minutes.