Parry Sound Report... (July 3rd-July 15th)

TC1OZ

From the looks of things to properly warm up to everyone I should of done one of these posts to being with...So I start off with an apology.

Main reason I didn't post because I didn't take pictures of any of the fish that were worth posting. So heres the summary :

Packed up the family and headed to the cottage in Parry Sound, a beautiful 10 acre island on Georgian Bay; Victoria Island to be precise. Over the entire trip which stretched from July 3rd to July 15th we only got a couple complete rain out days! The water was nice to swim and everyone had a good time....

Now for the fishing. Majority of my fishing was done around the island off the shore, occasionally I got out on the canoe so I could cast into the spots blocked off by trees and what not. Caught more small mouth than I can possibly count. Nothing too huge but all were exciting! I have no stats on the fish because all I went up there with was a $20 dollar rod and reel set from Wal-Mart with some live worms! No scales for weighing the fish...I guess I could of brought a measuring tape...anyways I'm rambling now. Needless to say thats why there aren't many pictures, because I didn't think I was going to get "hooked" and take up fishing as my primary hobby.

The few pictures I have (below) are from the front of the island where the kids hung out, so there was someone around taking pictures here and there...

We did go out on the lund several times, I am still waiting for my brother-in-law to text me the picture of my first Pike! Boy was that a thrill bringing that in. Nothing huge at all, but much bigger than any of the fish I was catching off the island. I will post that once he sends it in. He's currently working in the islands doing cottage cleanup, what a neat little company! Anyways, I guess that ends up my report! I can't wait to go back!

Decent size small mouth :

smbass.jpg

Tons of little small mouth off the dock, pretty much guaranteed a fish every other cast :

smallie.jpg

And lots of these guys + rockies...someone thought they were funny and would take a pic of me:

hugesunny.jpg

welcome aboard TC....

we love pics...

and if you are just getting " hooked" on this sport like I did two winters ago....

better get a recent picture of your wife and kids and keep updating those pics every chance you can

:rolleyes:

Edited by splashhopper

Great report and pics TC!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Fish dopn't have to be big to be pic and report worthy! We really like to see pics of people having fun fishing!!!... It's the common bond we all have here!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post that report and hope to see many more from you!!! :clapping:

I'll ape what the DAWG said. I want to see people having fun whether it be muskie or sunfish. Heck, some of us at OFC have a blast jigging for smelts. The fun, friendship and sharing is where it's really at.

Nice report.