Another PB Largie for me today !

splashhopper

Went out for an hour this morning....about 8:30 am

First cast using a "glow in the dark Scum Frog" on top of the weeds and lily pads...

Swipe and a miss....

waited about 10 seconds and twitched the line slightly...

KAPOW ! :o

PBlargemouth2.jpg

I think it weighed about 3 or 4 lbs... was 19" long though.

( better get a weigh scale soon... geesh, how much more gear do I REALLY need? lol)

I coulda stuffed a softball down its mouth.. :o

PBLargemouthBassJuly302009.jpg

I had to use the camera on my Blackberry for these... as my regular camera was "buzzing" when i tried to use it... musta got wet the other day when I had some good fishing too :(

I was fishing the shaded side of the lake....and close to shore ( maybe 20 feet off shore when it hit)

Stayed for an hour longer and had three more "swipe and a miss" :P

Good way to start my day today.

Splashhopper

I can't say enough about these "scum frogs" for top water bass...

So far, I have caught fish on the black / white / and Glow in the dark colours..

The bodies on these are pretty soft, so I think the fish can actually CHOMP it pretty good, which "almost" means a hook-set IF I wait until i FEEL it on the line...

This type of fishing has opened up a whole new world of fishing to this "boat-less" fisherman....

I have been following the topics on the board here for people looking at buying their first boat.. ;)

This fall should see some good deals on small boat/motor /trailer combos in my "starter" price range.

The only concern I have right now about this bass fishing is how hard I am setting the hook versus trout fishing this fall :unsure:

thanks for all the support on here everyone...

Splashhopper