Six Mile Lake Boat Launching and Bait Shops

getzter

Greetings Once Again,

Does anyone know where I can launch my boat in Six Mile Lake? (16ft Crestliner - 115 merc) Are there any bait shops arounds there as well?

Also looking for fishing hot spots in the lake (Pike / Trout / Walleye) and possible nature attractions (waterfalls / dams etc).

Thank-you in advance for your reply.

Guest gbfisher

No Trout on Six mile. Theres a bait shop on Hwy 12 into coldwater. I forget the name of the bait shop though. Betty is the owner. Its less than five mins off of the 400. There's Six mile Marina and the Park to launch at.

Wauwatosa Marina on Crooked Bay rd. used to allow launching, for a fee. The only bait available on the lake is worms. The park and marinas have a decent map of the lake.

As for as a water feature? Cut across the mouth of Hungry Bay, you will enter an area known as Pretty Channel. 1/2 mile in on right are the rapids and pools. You can beach either side of the rapids, its crown land, walk in and fish the 2 pools, picnic. Further into the channel you will get into a really isolated and picturesque (in my opinion) backwater. Yeah I'm biased, I did a lot of growing up there at my uncles house.

Pay close attention to the markers, some of the channels are only 6 foot wide, less in low water years. My buddy Ronnie has dragged up a small fortune in lost props and motors over the years :P

Thank-you very much!! What can you catch in the pool before the rapids? (Bass / pike?) Are there any perch in this lake?

Thanks Again - really appreciate the info.

The lake has the full range of pannies. The pools hold rockies and smallies. Don't try to wade the pools.

Although I have not been there in a few years both the pools I have caught smallies,largemouth,walleyes,pike and some of the biggest catfish I have seen. One night we caught one that was 10 lbs. At the very top of the falls I have caught smallies,pike and even a walleye.

All the information here is accurate except I don't think you can laynch off crooked bay anymore. Betty's got the best baitshop in the area just off the highway just outside of Fesserton.

Ill See you on the water, ill be in my blue princecraft fisherman pushed by a 9.9 yamaha. Good luck!

Edited by Pete1986