My new PB MIRROR CARP!!!

Victor

Hey OFC,

I have been sick for almost 2 weeks (kinda getting better now) and I had some personal problems to deal with so I haven't been out fishing for quite a while. It's just been too long and I needed to get out. Marko, FISHHERO and I tried fishing the Grand for some bigger fish on Monday but there was no action at all, probably due to the higher flows and dirty water conditions. To fight off the skunk we decided to visit a local swim yesterday which has produced for us in terms of numbers. The average size here is about 2-5lbs, the biggest I've seen that was pulled out of there was by Marko which came in at about 8-9lbs. I decided to use my bass setup instead of my 12' rods and huge baitrunner to get more fun out of the fight... and to my suprise, i hooked into this beauty.

A fully scaled mirror carp weighted in at 16lbs even.

IMG_4842.jpg

A 16lb fish would be considered to be a monster at this place and on top of that it's a mirror.... AND it's fully scaled too. You have no idea how excited I was when I first had a glimpse of it during the fight. Here's the other side of the fish.

IMG_4843.jpg

All in all I went 8/10 for about 4.5 hours of fishing, Marko had a pretty bad day but I think he did land 3-4. FISHHERO joined us with his family and caught a few himself as well.

Now it's exam time but this fish will cure my itch for the next little while. Thanks for reading.

What do you mean its mirror? Is that a type of carp?

It sure is. Mirror carp are very common in Britain, I didn't know they were so common over here. Alot of them have reduced number of scales on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_carp

Well done. That is a really nice fish Victor.

Edited by Dutchy

Carp always look like they are not impressed with being held out of the water...I know no fish is happy about it, but its the eyes...they are almost saying "what the hell are you doing holding me out here..."