First post *PICS* Smallie 'n Largemouth + Carillon Quebec Shad Run 2009

PikeMolester

Hey guys, this is my first post from Montreal. Just joined community and looking forward to learning more. Your guys' anthem is sick LOL

No scale unfortunately but here is a big smallmouth. I couldnt even believe I caught it where I did. (under some ghetto bridge in montreal with trains passing over every 15 minutes)

Big_Smallmouth.jpg

Biggest Largemouth of the day last week-end on Lake St-Francis Ont.

Big_Largemouth.jpg

American Shad come spawn near this dam in Montreal and its a FRENZY. The current was violent. It jerked and threw the boat around so much that the anchor came loose numerous times. We even saw another boat capsize. In total we caught 51 Shad (all the size you see in the pics) and one tiny walleye in 5 hours.

After looking at all your pics I realize I hold it like a real NOOB

4795_102506167553_513812553_2548078_59091_n.jpg

4795_102506152553_513812553_2548075_5684204_n.jpg

4795_102506197553_513812553_2548084_2339479_n.jpg

And somehow I hooked this tiny ass walleye

4795_102506187553_513812553_2548082_7585411_n.jpg

Edited by Mothercanucker

Welcome aboard. Nice to have another compatriot from far eastern Ontario aboard. Not that many people are equipped to safely handle that water during the shad run. Glad you did well this past season. And yes, our anthem, a massive undertaking by CCMT (Cliff) is a classic. I'm pictured in there a few times....the most realistic pic though is the Croc Dundee shot at the very end. :D

Again, welcome aboard.

Nice report, pics, and fish... but...

The current was violent. It jerked and threw the boat around so much that the anchor came loose numerous times. We even saw another boat capsize.

Wouldn't have been a good idea to be wearing your PFD in those conditions?... especially with all those heavy clothes on eh?

Nice report, pics, and fish... but...

Wouldn't have been a good idea to be wearing your PFD in those conditions?... especially with all those heavy clothes on eh?

No idea what PFD stands for but I'm assuming you meant life jacket...we had them on board. Ya I prolly shoulda worn it.

PFD= personal flotation device= life jacket... they work a lot better if you're wearing it.

Did you keep those Shad to eat?

Nah we were allowed to keep 6 per person...but we let all 51 shad go free and unharmed. This forum is starting to make me wanna learn how to clean/batter and fry fish tho

Welcome man, Congrads on those nice bass...i tend to favor those among the other stupid species of fish :D

If you can catch bass you can fish!

Welcome aboard man!

MTBF

All I catch is bass..its damn annoying. Time to target PIKE. I'm obsessed with trying to get my a beasty pike.