NO FEAR! Bass Fishin' July 29th

Rich

Headed out today knowing full well what we were about to fish in. It was POURING rain, it couldn't have possibly been raining any harder. Backing up to the launch we couldn't see out the windshield of the truck. Soaked the second the doors were open.

BAM! The boat was in the water and we were fishing. There was wind, tons of rain and thunder, some lightning... we pounded the lake to death and caught a lot of small bass. One encounter with a maybe 3.5lber on a buzzbait and a small pike but no huge fish to be in awe of today. As luck would have it the only time it wasn't raining that I caught a bass was when I caught my smallest of the day so that was the only pic I got. Buddy Sean got a little better one pic'd.

Spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and grubs were the weapons of choice.

I can't believe anyone would sit inside looking out at that rain coming down. That makes me run to the lake! And to end it.. the evening turned out pretty nice actually.

DSC00542-1.jpg

A good foot of water after 20 min of rain in the bottom of the Bass Hound

DSC00546-1.jpg

I did catch some better ones than THIS, lol in the heavy rain though so I didn't want to get the camera out

DSC00547.jpg

Sean's 2 pounder which was probably the big fish of the day

DSC00548.jpg

A decent sunset over the lake

DSC00549.jpg

So worn out and hungry after... demolished a Wendy's classic triple combo and a spicy chicken on the side! lol

Awesome afternoon on the water. I love it!

I'm more impressed with your Wendy's meal, than with your report, actually. :lol:

The after fishing foods feast are often part of Rich's reports .

Who's boat was that Rich ?Do you still have the 14ft tinny?

A little rain never hurt anyone I hope you were not out with heavy lightning?

:angel:

That's my other boat MTP.. 9' "Bass Hound". And yes the Filth Hound is still alive and well. Actually I got a trailer for it now. Just a little tougher to launch the aluminum than the bass hound... and the 14 footer isn't really necessary for the lake we were fishing (really more of a pond).

There was some lightning but nothing too bad.

And I'm known for demolishing two Classic triple combos in a sitting! LOL I was takin' it easy today!

So worn out and hungry after... demolished a Wendy's classic triple combo and a spicy chicken on the side! lol

Awesome afternoon on the water. I love it!

hahaha you always gotta add the spicy chicken on the side man !!!! MMMMMMMM...*drooling*.... is it lunch time yet ?

That's my other boat MTP.. 9' "Bass Hound". And yes the Filth Hound is still alive and well. Actually I got a trailer for it now. Just a little tougher to launch the aluminum than the bass hound... and the 14 footer isn't really necessary for the lake we were fishing (really more of a pond).

There was some lightning but nothing too bad.

And I'm known for demolishing two Classic triple combos in a sitting! LOL I was takin' it easy today!

Hey Rich....

what boat do you prefer for large ponds(Conservation type areas) and slower/smaller rivers ?

thanks

splashhopper

Hey Rich....

what boat do you prefer for large ponds(Conservation type areas) and slower/smaller rivers ?

thanks

splashhopper

I'd pretty much live and die in my 14 footer. I don't know if I'll ever "upgrade" to anything bigger. It handles everything pretty well .. since I'm not really a deep water trolling type of guy it works just great.

If there's relatively easy access to the pond I'm fishing, I'd much rather throw the tinny in.

However for those hard to reach places where you gotta carry or drag the boat quite a ways, the 9 footer is best.

Actually thinking about getting a flat back canoe instead of the bass hound though. Or keeping all 3 boats. lol