boat access thru trilakes

smally21

so ive picked my end of august rental to be on the mississauga river and buckhorn. i understand to the east is lower buckhorn, lovers lake and then fairy and finally stoney. to the south is buckhorn, then chemong to the east and pigeon to the west, then sturgeon and so on. in the area (with 20 miles) of buckhorn what locks do i go thru to access thes lakes? is there a good website showing lock and travel - im sure there is what do you guys use? also a good all in one kawartha lakes shoal map you could suggest.

thanks guys i have all the lock info i need, i'll pick up 2404 or whatever the kawartha federal map is. thanks dutch, if i understand it right from the mouth of mississauga i think i am in lower buckhorn? id need to lock to buckhorn? which doesnt seem to open til 830 or 900, about when i go home from fishing. got a boat ramp at the cottage i'll trailer the thing around if i have to! the chart will give me the details i need but in general how is the navigation around the area?

Sorry - I've confused things a bit - you are perfectly correct, the M. River does go through and join up with L. Buckhorn - I was thinking of another small river that was on buckhorn.

Yes, you can lock through to Upper Buck, but it would be a very long run to get into Pigeon. There's lots of good water to fish on L. Buck, but if you want to fish U. Buck your best bet may be to trailer as you aren't that far away.

The charts you would need are 2024 for U. Buck/Pigeon and 2023 for L.Buck.

Edited by Dutch

My little bro lives on Upper Buckhorn and last summer we would take the 9.9 from Upper to Lower Buckhorn to camp and fish.

If you want to Muskie fish, stay on Lower.

If you want Largies move to Upper.

If you want Walleye... good luck.

Don't bother even going to Pigeon trailer or not if you have a small boat. The swells make for an uncomfortable fish and there aren't many places to hide.

Edited by Frantic Fred