Fish-a-Thon For Cancer - Help A Good Cause

Back from Vegas. It was a solid 5 days of unspeakably juvenile behavior with Ginny! ;)

A big thank you to DUTCHY for adding another OFC Pledge while I was away.

...and another thanks to Rich for taking care of things for me while I was gone. To show my appreciation, I'll be glad to teach you a thing or two about catching bass while we're out on the water next saturday brother! :lol:

I'll add final details for the event here on OFC by the middle of next week, and through E-mail to those who are actually participating.

see you all there, any word yet if we are allowed to use our ownboats with the motors up?

James, the "powers that be" haven't contacted me back yet to let me know if it'll be ok. I'll let you know for sure by tuesday.

Thanks for the pledges and support guys.

keep them comin'

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan, how can I get you a prize for this? I have a 2GB MP3 player sitting here new in the case (samsung yp-s2 in black) to donate but I'm out in the Durham area. You going to ask Dave to drop by and pick it up as I'm not far from his home town (LmAo!)? I'm sure I might be able to dig up another one as well (just need to look for it). Let me know via PM when you can, cheers.

Geoff

Well lets hope they are kind enough to allow it...its only one day and such a great cause too

Wow Ryan you resond faster here then you do black berry! :P

Hey Rich it will be fun to be out fished by you again, cant say I really missed that part of fishing with you... :) however I still remember some of the great hints and tips I got from Sleded, fish are in water etc etc....that guy needs his own show, seriously.

I have not fished Deer Creek in the summer since I was a wee lad, hopefully the bobber and worm technique still works. that was always a good pattern.

Ryan

as per my PM let me know if you are interested in a donation ! We can fiqure out how and when to meet up.

TB

You're the man TB - I've been away since saturday for work or I would have gotten back to you sooner! I'll shoot you a PM later in the day when I'm out of the office. Thanks again!

Ryan, how can I get you a prize for this? I have a 2GB MP3 player sitting here new in the case (samsung yp-s2 in black) to donate but I'm out in the Durham area. You going to ask Dave to drop by and pick it up as I'm not far from his home town (LmAo!)? I'm sure I might be able to dig up another one as well (just need to look for it). Let me know via PM when you can, cheers.

Geoff

GBW - also the man... :lol: Same as TB, I'll shoot you a PM later in the day. Thank you VERY much for the offer.

OFC PLEDGE UPDATE:

A big thanks goes out to MUSKYMATT for taking the time to add another generous OFC pledge to the cause!!! Thanks for helping Matt - You're a stand up dude there's no doubt about it!

PRIZES

We've got some AWESOME prizes lined up!

A HUGE thanks goes out to Tinbanger and GBW for going out of their way to donate prizes to the event and cause.

And I especially have to thank Dave Mercer and his wife for helping me out with all of this. Without them, I couldn't have made this happen, and they've also stepped up and donated some really awesome prizes and giveaways!

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but the preliminary numbers look as though we'll be far exceeding my initial expectations for this years small event. Let's hit this one out of the park guys!

Thanks again for the support OFC, and keep it up.

Cheers,

Ryan

Good Morning Folks!

The fish-a-thon is only a few days away and Pledges are still comin' in!

Thanks to my friend, and a guy who taught me a few things about video / film editing FISHNSLED for making the latest OFC Pledge to the 2009 Fish-a-Thon to fight Cancer.

Appreciate it buddy!

Cheers,

Ryan

And Ryan, remember the deal. If you don't boat at least 25# of bass tomorrow you're gonna moon Dave when he's just about to boat a huge one on the show. I'm sure the watching world would be hugely entertained by his reaction to that. Think of it as another first for his new show. :lol:

I'm not sure if I remembered to mention that before.

Seriously, have a great day. If I wasn't in the middle of moving I'd be there.

JF

I've off to the cottage now. See you guys in the morning!!

BTW The pledges I received are mindblowing!!!

I'll add one more then. If you'll also moon Dave (Ryan's already doing it) on the show I'll add another $100. It's not that I personally need or want to see yer pale butt shining in the sun, rather that I think it might be seriously funny to see how Dave could figger out how to include it in the show to get the money for a good cause. I picture Dave trying to record the show with this weird guy holding a huge bass & mooning him from another boat all thru the recording session, and Dave doing his Dave thang - that crazy loony laff, only this time pointing at a pale moon rising over the gunwale of a boat floating within camera range. I can hear him now - "OOOOO HEEEEE AAAAA WAAAA" (or whatever the hell that noise is that passes for delighted laughter), "There's a huge moon rising off the port bow, and it's scaring my fish. They're all dropping roe like there's no tomorrow. AHHH Haaaa Haaa". Or something like that. Dave's a showman. He can build lotsa drama, suspense, and comedy into it, and it's fer a good cause. I'm all for finding a cure for cancer of any kind. Too much of it going around these days. And it would be a hoot to watch on tv, just to see how he handles it, and the best part is that only you and Ryan would be humiliated. :lol:

Ryan could fiddle the schedule for you so you could be hanging around at the opportune moment in the filming. This could open up a whole new genre of live fishing shows - the moonfishers. I can see it all now - Dave Mercer's Mooners Strike Again. It could be even bigger than his signature baits. Folks would watch the show, not for the fishing, but to see who would turn up nekkid next. Celebs would be lining up to moon Dave on WFN for the "exposure'.

I like it.

JF

I am so amped for this little tournament later this morning... that i can't sleep :o

I went to bed at 11... fell right asleep after working my tail off since 7 am.....

Then, I started dreaming about the danged tournament around 1:00 am <_<

It's 2:40 am now.... with a ninety minute drive ahead of us....

Sooo... maybe I will be doing a little "pre-fishing"....

I might as well go over to the 24 hour grocery store and grab some fruits and stuff... Drive down to the tournament and have a nap at the launch..... hopefully someone will notice a little idiot sleeping in his van with a fishing rods sticking out the window and wake me up.

lol

splashhopper

Edited by splashhopper