st. mary's salmon?

redneck666

How long will it take me to get from Montreal to where your fishing? lol

Stop by kitchener will you lol. You have no idea how tempted i am to go fish up there lol.

Today me and a buddy of mine were map questing Sault Ste Marie, just wanted to see how far it actually is......and its prety far.

Ya from kitchener its a good 8hours, definitely not worth the drive unless you have the proper truck and boat or a 4wheeler to get to the lakes. If you have those then you can get in on some great fishing around here, its some pretty rough country around here.

i'll do guiding for you southern ontario guys wanting to come up here and get on good fishing :P

haha ya but Orest is a special guy that just loves talking about fishing dont matter if its a pro or some weirdo down at the river, he certainly loves his job and hes the perfect guy for it to.

Dr. Salevlinus if you talk my boss into giving me payed day off or you can match the amount that im getting then i'll go with ya any day of the week haha!

I just live on top of the hill and i rarely ever go down to the river to fish. i can't wait for this long weekend, gonna lay into mass piles of big pike and maybe some wallys up by aubrey falls this weekend, definitely gonna be roughing it!

Ya from kitchener its a good 8hours, definitely not worth the drive unless you have the proper truck and boat or a 4wheeler to get to the lakes. If you have those then you can get in on some great fishing around here, its some pretty rough country around here.

i'll do guiding for you southern ontario guys wanting to come up here and get on good fishing :P

haha ya but Orest is a special guy that just loves talking about fishing dont matter if its a pro or some weirdo down at the river, he certainly loves his job and hes the perfect guy for it to.

Dr. Salevlinus if you talk my boss into giving me payed day off or you can match the amount that im getting then i'll go with ya any day of the week haha!

I just live on top of the hill and i rarely ever go down to the river to fish. i can't wait for this long weekend, gonna lay into mass piles of big pike and maybe some wallys up by aubrey falls this weekend, definitely gonna be roughing it!

where is aubrey lake? my buddy says he caught some nice walleye there earlier in the season and a nice accidental whitefish.

Lived in KW for quite a few years. Its not a bad drive at all. Lots to see and the construction has made 69 alot better. If you're not towing a boat you can make it in just over 7 without meal stops.

If you're into going through the states and have a radar detector you can get there in 6ish.

No shortage of places to explore with easy access.

I miss it. I just can't get excited about catfish.

Well, no eyes in Lake George tonight.

Even the pro fishermen got skunked so I feel a bit better about it.

I got my varnishing done and the rain held off

Had to do up 5 of these.

stupid pics won't post again

Edited by Dara

well i was at the locks today, goin for whitefish... i had a bite and that was it, so i started casting my cleo out in the current and hooked a massive salmon! but it shook a couple times and it was gone.... then i started throwing the cleo a little closer and then bam, a little smallie barely big enough to fit the lure in its mouth, haha, and this was all off the western pier!!! i tell ye that little smallie was the climax of this crappy day :D

I;ve never fished the western pier for salmon, got any tips?

not really that was a first for me too, i just went up the pier to where the current is and cast out my cleo and let it drift down with the current and waited a bit then started reeling...

oh ya haha and i was at the locks the other evening and tried for eyes' but nothing and went to the western pier and cast out a cleo where the bait fish were and some nice bass came up and a few whities i think, but nothin bit, but there were smallies everywhere!!! and they wouldnt bite my teardrop but continuously stole my maggots..... and once again even the night bite didnt bring in any whites....