Fishing trip on Opeepeesway

K-DUB

So I am heading up with some buddies to Opeepeesway lake in a couple weeks. Has anyone ever been out there? If so, what are the roads like leading to the lake? I have heard that a 4x4 is a necessity, but I also heard that about Bisocotasing as well and we did that with 2WD no problem.

I am looking to land a trophy pike while I am there as my main target, and a couple pickeral for dinner each night. Has anyone had any luck up there? There isn't much out there about the lake when typed into google (I may even have the name wrong for all I know). Any information would help.

Cheers

Amazing lake, I fished it a couple of times. The Opeepeesway river used to be awesome for walleye..

There's a couple of different routes in. When I was there it was very rough and you definitely needed a 4wd.

We accessed the river at the south end and motored into the lake...

I believe there's a road that swings up the west side of the lake and accesses the north west corner..

I have heard that the mnr ditched the roads making travel impossible. So you may or may not have some problems.

I'd be very interested in hearing how you made out!

Mike

Well we are heading up there with a 2WD to see how it goes...If we cant make it I think we will just head to Bisco for the week...Thanks for info Mike, I am not going for 2 weeks, but I will certainly let you know how it goes...Anyone else ever been up there?

i doubt you'll make in a 2 wd especially if up they have been getting as much rain as we have, hopefully your vechile has a fairly high wheel base if you are going to try. The road to bisco is no comparison , ive been to both. Just so you know oppessesway lake has high mercury there's an old gold mine on it. Good luck hopefully you have some pics of yor trip.

Thanks guys...Although you have me seriously re-considering going there, I think we are going to try. I am expecting it to be a struggle, but that is all part of the adventure, as long as it doesnt eat into quality fishing time. I will let you know how it goes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...