3 hours on Simcoe for Smallies

Cudz

Went out seaching for some smallies this morning with my Spanish foreign exchange student. We didn't get out on the water until 9am but managed a fish right away. Small but hopefully a sign of things to come.

My student was having difficulty casting the smaller crankbaits so I decided to let him use a 1/2 ounce Lucky craft shallow crankbait ($20, I was actually thinking is this a good idea?). Anyway he did manage to cast it a bit further and eventually hooked into a nice fish. As he is fighting the fish (in his own style) all I am thinking is please let the 8 pound mono hold! I net the fish and indeed it was a good fish. I weighed 4.1 pounds.

He was well happy. We continued to fish an managed a bunch of clone smallies. All about the same size and he closed out the day with the final fish, a nice 2 pounder.

Although it was a bit wet and windy this morning it was still loads of fun as we managed about 10 smallmouth and a bunch of perch. The kid still has a smile on his face.

First fish of the day

jorgebass1.jpg

Another small one

jorgebass3.jpg

clone fish

jorgebass5.jpg

and yet another clone

jorgebass4.jpg

The exchange student's 4.10 pounder

jorgebass2.jpg

That is just awesome Cudz :thumbsup_anim:

Good on ya for getting him onto a nice looking smallie!!!

If you want I could send you "the little woodie" for next time you take him out.... It only cost me around .50 cents of hardware but a couple hours of my time ;)

Send me your coordinates via pm and I'll ship it to you for free :D

Leechman

That is just awesome Cudz :thumbsup_anim:

Good on ya for getting him onto a nice looking smallie!!!

If you want I could send you "the little woodie" for next time you take him out.... It only cost me around .50 cents of hardware but a couple hours of my time ;)

Send me your coordinates via pm and I'll ship it to you for free :D

Leechman

I am willing to bet I could catch a fish here on that.

Great day on the water. I bet your exchange student is wondering when the next outting will be? :)

We got off the water just after midday and we were home by 1pm. He left for the plane home to Tenerife at 4pm. Alas, no more bronzebacks for that boy.

Nice work cuds. I fished simcoe a few times this year but cant catch the numbers or quality of fish that I caught last year. Not sure what they are doing this year. Way to get the newbie into a simcoe football!

Hey snagmasteral

they are just starting to be where they are supposed to be. Size is still down that is true but numbers are improving. I think the rain and cold have messed them up a bit. Hopefully next week. I always look forward to your posts.

Nice work

keep an eye out for a grey Lund Classic with a 90 merc.... I love that spot , just don't get run over ;)

TB

Another guy thats followed me around.LOL

Nice fish there Cudz.

Nice smily faces too.Good on ya.