Info on my purchase - Fenwick Ultra SPN 5'6"

mpagnan

Good afternoon everyone,

I was just at CDN Tire checking things out and I noticed this rod 50% off. So, without much hesitation I got it. Partly because I wanted an almost full compliment of rods 5' 6" Ulta, 6' 6" medium and my 10' 6" light but also and I've been doing some small stream, tight places trout fishing. So my question to you guys is what are the advantages and disadvantages for such a rod?

It's sooooo light and flexible that it freaks me out. I'm worried about hooking in a good size fish and the rod shatters in my hands.

Thanks for all your advice in advance!

Pags

Perfect small stream trout rod.

Perfect for bush wacking

Nice and nimble for making decent underhand pitch casts.

Will allow you to run 2-4lb test, as it's power will take a lot of strain (Kinda like your long light 10ft)

I have a buddy who caught several large fish on UltraLight tackle - he was using a 7'6UL... he's caught PIKE (8-9lb) BASS (4-5lb) and it held up pretty amazingly; on 4lb# Test.

I've caught a CARP (prolly 12lb if not more) on my 7'6"UL.... GREAT FIGHT!

And as BillM said... great for Small Stream Trout and Bush Wacking. Perfect for Underhand Pitch Casts.

I have a Berkley lightning rod 5'6" UL that is going on at least 10 yrs old.It is my go to set up for smallies with the baby sized rattle spots or crappie/beetle spins and 4lb line on bass lake.Hasn't let me down yet and sooo much fun when you get one over the 2lb mark.

Kerry

I have the exact same rod and use it for jiggin 30" walters up from 30 ft of water, its a hell of a fight, you need a GOOD real to compinsate for the weight of the rod, but man it is fun!!!!! AND sensitive enough to feel the lightest pick-up!