Road trip !

tinbanger

Plans are coming together for north western Ontario hardcore fishing trip !!!!

Pikeie ( oldest son) has spent the summer working a resort on Lake of the Woods and last day appears to be Aug 22 .

so my younger son and I are planning to head up early that week and get at least 2 days of fishing on LOW before Matts last day . With family in Thunder bay and Dryden will also be hitting the waters of Nipigon ,Wapigon and Eagle ( maybe more, maybe less)

Also in the works is trip to Lac Suel to meet up with a fellow ofnr and a day of muskie hunting before heading home .

won't have as much time as I would like up north but will cram as much 'on the water time' as possible.

some folks think I'm crazy driving 40 plus hours (over 3500 kms), sleeping in the van , waking up at 4 am , eating bad food ..... to fish .

can't wait :thumbsup_anim:

TB

Plans are coming together for north western Ontario hardcore fishing trip !!!!

Pikeie ( oldest son) has spent the summer working a resort on Lake of the Woods and last day appears to be Aug 22 .

so my younger son and I are planning to head up early that week and get at least 2 days of fishing on LOW before Matts last day . With family in Thunder bay and Dryden will also be hitting the waters of Nipigon ,Wapigon and Eagle ( maybe more, maybe less)

Also in the works is trip to Lac Suel to meet up with a fellow ofnr and a day of muskie hunting before heading home .

won't have as much time as I would like up north but will cram as much 'on the water time' as possible.

some folks think I'm crazy driving 40 plus hours (over 3500 kms), sleeping in the van , waking up at 4 am , eating bad food ..... to fish .

TB

Good luck on the trip tinbanger, you will enjoy LOTW's as much as I did last year. That area has lots of sauger, walleye, bass(smallmouth), pike, black crappie, and of course musky. Hope the weather holds out for you. We did most of our trolling for walleye/sauger in 21-25 ft. using worm harnesses with worms and artificial worms, no hard baits. Caught a couple of decent perch also.

Remember, Limeyangler(Simon) lives right on Wabigoon, he may be able to steer you to some hot spots there and on Eagle. Of course, DanC is your guy for Nipigon on this board. Wait'll you see Wiley Point, its fantastic. If you get the chance, try to go for lunch at Crow Rock, another of their lodges not that far away. Supposed to be the best food, we could not get a reservation the day we wanted and ate at Wiley Point instead. I could not get the opportunity to go back there this year. Holidays did not work out, and my bud's mother in law sold her place on the island near both Crow Rock and Wiley point. Too bad, it was a sweet place.

TB

Most people whom I know that travel... go to Mexico.. Dominican..Cuba...FLA...all the sunny places..

Have they ever been to Winnipeg ? The East Coast ...Rockies? probably not..Manitoulin Island even..

To think .... if you were to leave Barrie and drive south for 40 or so hours you'd be in Arizona or something...

But ... you are able to drive North from Barrie for roughly the same amount of time and still....well.. you're still in the Beautiful Province of ONTARIO....isn't that just amazing!!

You have an awesome trip planned...ENJOY!!

RFS

:canadian:

You're gonna love it!

I did the Nipigon (met DanC as well), Eagle Lake trip a few years back with TEP and it was incredible. I have an invite to do it again this year with Lake of the Woods also on the bill but unfortunately for me it's not doable. :(

Lookin forward to the big report upon your return. :thumbsup_anim:

Dara is right! Make sure you have plenty of daylight if not just follow behind a tractor trailor and keep your eyes open for moose, deers etc.... If you are tired pull over. Other than that it's a nice drive, if you're the passenger even better.

Dara is right! Make sure you have plenty of daylight if not just follow behind a tractor trailor and keep your eyes open for moose, deers etc.... If you are tired pull over. Other than that it's a nice drive, if you're the passenger even better.

It has to be daylight for the scenery.

That is one of the most beautiful drives in all of Canada.

Just time it right

Barrie to the Sault is 6 hours.

Sault to TBay is 8

another 4 or 5 to Kenora

The drive along the lake from the Sault to Thunder Bay is a must do! However there are a few things to be aware of. There's plenty of hills and bends in the road. Moose are always a concern up here. The shoreline route is subject to heavy, thick fog. Have a great time!!

The drive along the lake from the Sault to Thunder Bay is a must do! However there are a few things to be aware of. There's plenty of hills and bends in the road. Moose are always a concern up here. The shoreline route is subject to heavy, thick fog. Have a great time!!

DanC is bang on, I've made this drive a few times and I get to travel a lot, one of the most scenic drives.

TB I've done what your getting ready to do and hope you have as much fun as I have on the short term long hauls

Good luck!

Thanks Guys

With family up north , have made the drive countles times .Hwy 11 twice ( boring!),US once and hwy 17 more times than I can remember.Fortunatly our only issues have been a flat on a trailer once and an idler arm on my old van ( limped into Sault for repairs).

Countdown is on !!!

TB