Need a little help from Torontonians

TJQ

A little off topic here. Last year when we went to the Sportsmans show, Monique and I stayed downtown near the Eatons Center. One night we asked the desk for a good sushi bar, and they gave us directions to this place a bit west of Yonge Street. I can't remember the name of it, but it was fantastic.

Moniques going shopping with Jaden in early August and Id like to try and find it again for her. If you've been there it will stand out in your mind, cause its only about the size of my kitchen.. 4 or 5 tables and a max of 12-15 seats. Its not a chain and there was barely any room to move around in there. To the best of my rather fuzzy recollection it was within easy walking distance, I think between the Eaton center and City hall.. perhaps a bit north... but definitely west of Yonge.

Anyone have any ideas?? I cant find it on the net, there's just too many...

TJ just west of Yonge? Was it on Dundas or Queen or a smaller side street. There are tons of sushi spots near there.

I google mapped Yonge and Dundas and typed in Sushi

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Yon...sa=N&tab=wl

Worst case call the Hotel and ask them what they recommend and maybe that'll jog your memory.

Let me know if you need more help I work right round there.

I would hazard a guess at Japango, but there are so many sushi places downtown. Down at King & Simcoe there is a really good one called Sei, if you don't find the place you're looking for you might want to give it a try.

No more than a dozen tables in this place TJ. West of Yonge, just south of Dundas on Elizabeth street.

Japango Sushi & Noodle Restaurants

122 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 1P5

416-599-5557

If worse comes to worst you can go to Bernie's in London. He's on Adelaide, just south of Oxford. :rolleyes:

TJ, I work downtown and will take at walk at lunch, or afterwork. The place you refer to might have been just west of Bay, on Wellesley, perhaps? I can't remember the name....

For the record, my favourite place is Sushi D. It's on College, in Little Italy, has amazing white tuna, and an all-you-can-eat deal for $20 during the week.

Yup!!! Thanks everyone!! Its Japango, Moniques says thank you, we googled some images and its defiantly the place thanks for everyone's help!!

IMG_3955-1.jpg

IMG_3947-1.jpg

TJ - if they're near Yorkville, suggest they try Sushi Inn. Despite being in yorkville its not expensive, and has SO much throughput of customers that the fish is uber-fresh. I eat sushi all over the city and their freshness rivals the most expensive places in town. Really awesome.

I remember going to Japango almost every week years ago with my wife. Always a wonderful experience, small and intimate, and of course, the food!

Sadly, it's been a long time since I've been. I'll have to rectify that sometime soon.