Whats it worth ?

Lunker777

Hey all

I have a chance to buy a truck from work and I wanted to get an opinion on what you guys think its worth

Its a 2001 reg. cab long box Chevy.... Air, Tilt, AM/FM ..... its a work truck just basic ! It has 218 K on it.

Its in really good condition for the age and Kms .

I have my $$ figure in mind, I want to see how far off I am ! haha

Thanks

Is it cert and etested?

Needs front brakes, right front tire, and wind shield ( Next door neighbour can get one for about $70 bucks and installed for another $80) Actually, the windsheild just has a chip in it, So Im going to see about getting it filled first !

Oh and if you know anyone who has CAA ask them to use the free access to the Black Book that they get online....gives you the fair market value for used cars in the Ontario region (probably want to go lower than the price in this book).

Did you drive the truck the whole time?

Because work vehicles get the snot pounded out of them, and you wouldn't believe what some people do.......

No I didnt drive the truck... I know shes been "used".... Its ALWAYS had the services done on it regularly and everything.

I only intend to use it for pulling my boat roughly 15-20 mins to the launch, the odd job around town, and as a second vehicle when the wife has the car at work ! I dont plan on going far with it. Thats what my car is for !

How much gas is in it? ;)

Is it 4WD?

Keep in mind it is 9 years old.

Hey Bernie.I was offered 5000 for my 97 extended F150.Even with the ding in the back of the box.134k.

I turned it down.

Just put new drums and tank straps on it and brake cables for 400 bucks.Good for another 2 years,then maybe a new one.LOL

5000,but yes, try to get it lower.It,s a GM after all. :P