Lets see your dollarama baits !!

ChrisK

I'm amazed at what the dollar store can produce and sell for $1.

These lures prob wont last half the time others do with paint chips and have weak rings and hooks, but for $1, who can complain.

I just hope its mass produced using machines and robots, and not a shack full of children from some 3rd world country doing all the work for a penny a day.

These are the dollarama baits I have chosen for this weekend..The store I bought these baits from did not have any of the rod or reels so I'm still looking around for a combo.

22222087.jpg

22222084.jpg

22222085.jpg

22222086.jpg

Cheers !!

I would love to see that you catch some nice smallies or largies with these :) Then we can really say its worth it for the $1 spent on each. I have bought a few and they even have the rattles inside each one, quite well made for a $1. Seriously I don't see why they won't work.

The third bait you have is a great one if you are fishing shallow. It suspends and dives about 1 ft, perfect for smallies to come up and smash it. To my surprise the bait actually held up its paint pretty well, I'm guessing that if you don't catch pike / muskie on it, you should be more than fine.

The only problem is that the hooks have a split ring, and they do tangle up with each other. Although these hooks aren't the best hooks, I have enough confidence in those hooks that they won't even bend on a good 3#er.

We are ready!!! Monique and I are ready, were headin up to camp on Thursday and are gonna fish Dollarama exclusively on Sat or Sun, whichever the weather is nicest on.

We did well. We got a rod and reel, and lures for under $10 each, we split on a roll of wire so the pike don't bite us off .. the rods are great.. lol

The bamboo rod is 7 1/2 feet which will make it great for trolling.... were gonna kick some Dollarama butt!!!

I can tell there's gonna be some heavy taping to keep all the components together!!!

I gotta say, I wasn't sure what we could get for $10, but we only spent $9.50 each and I'm thrilled!!

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

Here they are. I even bought the leaders. Cut 3 of them apart to used the snaps and swivels seperately. The reel cost $2 and I feel like I got ripped off. Could it be any rougher. It says it has 20m of 7pound test. lol. that is like 65 feet of line. The rod is crappy too but much better than the reel.

I have a jerk bait, topwater, small shallow crank, deeper crank and a bunch of jigs.

I will catch fish!

dollarama1.JPG

dollarama2.JPG

Here they are. I even bought the leaders. Cut 3 of them apart to used the snaps and swivels seperately. The reel cost $2 and I feel like I got ripped off. Could it be any rougher. It says it has 20m of 7pound test. lol. that is like 65 feet of line. The rod is crappy too but much better than the reel.

I have a jerk bait, topwater, small shallow crank, deeper crank and a bunch of jigs.

I will catch fish!

Betcha the reel works better on yer rod than it would on TJ's.

JF

You gents can go with steel leaders if you like but I'm going to throw caution to the wind and fish leaderless and with no snap swivels to boot....Finesse and stealth is the key here :D

Now back to my search for a rod and reel....

I will catch fish!

The only thing I dislike about the reel is that the spinner is on the right side. I always spin with my left hand while holding the rod with the right hand. So this reel won't work for me, but it sure is inexpensive at $2

You gents can go with steel leaders if you like but I'm going to throw caution to the wind and fish leaderless and with no snap swivels to boot....Finesse and stealth is the key here :D

Now back to my search for a rod and reel....

The toothed monsters are gonna bankrupt you.

JF

I just hope its mass produced using machines and robots, and not a shack full of children from some 3rd world country doing all the work for a penny a day.

They are.

Dollarama in conjunction with Kathy Lee Gifford just opened a huge new lure factory in Bangkok.

The toothed monsters are gonna bankrupt you.

JF

Are you kiddin me...Fer a buck a bait they can eatem up all they want !!!!

Just got back from north Londons Dollarama. They had a whole wall of rods and reels and some baits. Lets see here...

1 Rod $2.00

I reel $2.00

4 Baits $4.00

Hmmm....That leaves two bucks...Guess I got to go back tommorrow for one more bait. :thumbsup_anim:

22222093.jpg

just remember if these children in third world countries lose their jobs because us bleeding hearts getting the company closed down for hiring children

the children stave to death

but at lest you can say you got them out of their lousy job

that-a-boy

Well I've been reading this topic since it started and I was very curious what I could find at my dollar store.

It didnt have as good as a selection as other. No cranks or topwaters...:(

dsc01880w.jpg

Edited by LucG

My selection of $ama lures...

d-ramalures.jpg

How'd that freebie get in there? :D

If the Derby works out for me I'll probably select 3 of the lures (not the freebie, don't worry) and go with those.

My selection of $ama lures...

d-ramalures.jpg

How'd that freebie get in there? :D

If the Derby works out for me I'll probably select 3 of the lures (not the freebie, don't worry) and go with those.

That one you have with the metal lip won't work worth a damn, at least mine didn't! <_<