Sign in to follow this  
Fisherpete

Monday's quick Muskie report...

Fished hard, 12 hours on the water, but they were really in 'follower' mode today! Had 4 come right to boatside hot... one even attacked my spinnerbait on the figure 8, but bit on the darn blade, not the hook! :wallbash: Two of the follows were in the 40" class. Totals for the day were 4 follows, one hooked and lost on a jump, one landed, a 31". The 31" is the first muskie I have ever caught on a spoon... mind you, unless there is also pike in the lake, I rarely give spoons a shot for muskies. anyone else use spoons regularly for skis?

31.jpg

Nice job, too bad more didn't commit, and well at least you can add another bunch of things to ur Musky lure collection lol.

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF

Spoons work for sure- my first two 'ski came on a crackle frog Daredevil with a single Siwash hook I dressed with deer hair. A few years later my father got his first on the same spoon. I have a hard time throwing spoons though as for the correct action- you need to swim them kind of slow. Mine came while working it high and hard- the fish were on that day!

Sweet reward for your efforts Pete :thumbsup_anim:

A real beauty :clapping:

As for the spoon, never tried before but looks like it's working pretty good!!!

Thanks for sharing

Leechman