Kind of weird thing to ask

purekgw

Find someone with the same car model/color, borrow their plates...then find someone with CAA (would be convenient if it were the same person) then push the car out onto a street and say it broke down! hahaha....

But ya, you should try asking a close friend to borrow their trailer, the internet folks are kind, but I doubt anyones going to loan you a trailer.

I know that this is the last thing that you want to hear Pure, but owning a car is one expense after another. If renting a car dolly or paying to have it towed is not an option, what are you going to fill the tank with (and no, lurking smart patooties, 'gas" is not the answer!), or pay insurance with, or get it repaired with, etc. etc.?

Jim

I know that this is the last thing that you want to hear Pure, but owning a car is one expense after another. If renting a car dolly or paying to have it towed is not an option, what are you going to fill the tank with (and no, lurking smart patooties, 'gas" is not the answer!), or pay insurance with, or get it repaired with, etc. etc.?

Jim

That is just it, if you can't afford to rent a trailer to check out the car, chances are you shouldn't be buying the car.....

MONEY PIT!!!!!

My car costs are the only reason I would want to move to a big city...just so I can use public transport instead of maintaining my van!

As for the stuff that was mentioned that is illegal....its only illegal when you get caught! Jeeze! :whistling:

Put on any plates. A cop is not going to scan your plates for no reason. Drive smart and you will be fine. If I were you, I wouldn't even take the car to the mechanic. Drive the vehicle and make sure it drives nice, shifts nice, and no weird noises. Give it a few full throttle rips that will tell alot. If all that is ok, then the car is fine. You can tell alot about the way the car was treated just by the condition of the exterior and interior. The mechanic is going to ask you "what do you want me to do" aka how far are you willing to open your wallet? Waste of time in my opinion if your taking it to the mechanics to have it checked. Unless of course he is your friend and will do it for free. What are the details of the car? Make, km, year?

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Put on any plates. A cop is not going to scan your plates for no reason. Drive smart and you will be fine.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

wow i cant believe you even think that ....cops do random checks ALL THE TIME!!!

what do you think they do when they pull up behind you???

they have those neat little laptops....they key in your plate and they know everything bout the car....everything...

just dont ask me how i know....lol

workwear is 100% correct...

They do these random checks ALL the time, ever notice how a cop comes up behind you...and then they are gone.

Well if the description didn't match the plate he typed in, or it came back as an invalid plate you will get pulled over instantly.

Driving without plates is WORSE! (I used to use a temp plate on my tercel, temp plate is on the windshield & looks like you have no plates) And I used to get pulled over every time I drove. I always had to say I was on the way to getting it fixed (since thats what temp plates are for).

The only reason I suggested a similar cars plates is because when you call CAA to get a tow they want the plate # and it needs to be valid / match the type of vehicle being towed.