Going up to haliburton on the 9th

eze76

Well on the 9th ill be going up with family to a cottage on Haliburton lake ,

In the lake theres Bass and Lake Trout , if im wrong correct me :P ahah

But i just wanted to know what should i be using for bait?

ill be fishing from shore

There are lakers there, but catching them from shore this time of year is about as likely as getting a date with a super-model ;)

Decent bass in that lake, mostly smallmouth. Jerkbaits, jigheads with plastics and a couple of good topwaters will probably do it for you.

Like i cant get a date with a super model ?

HAHAH :P

But thanks ,

im just gunna try to atleast catch something , doesnt matter what it is , Cept a cold i dont want that or swine flu lol

So would berkley gulp crawfish wrk , whats the diff between crawfish and crayfish lol?

i have like rubber crayfish things(noob) but they dont have a scent

Same thing, just depends if yer Americain or Canajun :canadian:

The rubber cray will work. If you want put some liquid attractant on it.

Rebel crayfish crankbaits are great if you can get them bouncing off the bottom during the retrieve.

I caught a 44" Musky right under someones dock (Johnsons silver minnow with double yellow mister-twister)... while he was standing there telling me that he's been a cottager there for 30 years and never caught a thing ....it was sweet ... next day that whole shore had people fishing off their docks :)

Good luck .. and dont forget your camera

go to the Le Baron's out there in mississuga and get some of the spray on sents. I like the YUM LPT ones for $5 it's not that bad.

Get some of these : Shakey Jig

and rig it with a fake worm (like these) : YUM Dinger

rig it and fish it like this :

use braided line for sure as well.

good luck

I caught a 44" Musky right under someones dock (Johnsons silver minnow with double yellow mister-twister)... while he was standing there telling me that he's been a cottager there for 30 years and never caught a thing ....it was sweet ... next day that whole shore had people fishing off their docks :)

Good luck .. and dont forget your camera

Oh dont wrry i wont forget my camera lol .

go to the Le Baron's out there in mississuga and get some of the spray on sents. I like the YUM LPT ones for $5 it's not that bad.

Get some of these : Shakey Jig

and rig it with a fake worm (like these) : YUM Dinger

rig it and fish it like this :

use braided line for sure as well.

good luck

Ill pick up some stuff before i go thanks GBW, and everyone else

save yourself some $ and skip the spray on scents....I don't think it makes a bit of difference to the bass.

Alrighty, thanks , everythng else i should be getting , that was the only thing i was thinking about haven't made a decision yet.

Ez.

save yourself some $ and skip the spray on scents....I don't think it makes a bit of difference to the bass.

Alrighty, thanks , everythng else i should be getting , that was the only thing i was thinking about haven't made a decision yet.

Ez.

If you are a smoker, use the spray to help cover the smoke sent on your hands. I have noticed a diff. the the total of fish at the end of the day and I smoke. It's only $5, so it's less then 1/2 a pack of smokes... ;) But that's just me...

you can use it or not. I just find it helps smokers like me mask the sent we leave on the bait from our hands. it's not a be all end all thing but it does help i find looking at the # of fish the days i use it vs. the days i don't. to each thier own at the end of the day, this is just my 2 cents, not sents... ;)