Some really good deals on lures here

Cudz

Starting today this company now will ship lures to canada. He hasn't got alot at the moment but he has good quality stuff at great prices.

Here is the best part. He ships to Canada for $3.50. I bought 4 lures today and the shipping is $3.50. My buddy is buying 8 lures and his shiping is, ep you guessed it $3.50 and it can be tracked as well. Check it out. Save some money. I have 4 bandit lures and I love them at $3.45 per lure yo can't go wrong.

http://www.toplakstackle.com/

I just ordered tonight so we will see how long it takes to get here.

Canada Shipping - $3.50 usd

Packages are shipped USPS International.

Note - Your order may be subject to customs fees, import taxes, duties, or other fees imposed by your government. All such fees are your responsibility, and are not included in the $3.50 shipping charge. Please contact your customs office for information about additional fees.

(Above is from the website)

Sounds like the guy is pretty confident you are going to get charged.

I once bought a leather jacket that was $250 bucks off ebay....got screwed with an extra $80 dollars when package arrived via customs broker....lets just say they also don't choose the cheapest customs brokers lol....

The guy could be nice and ship it as a gift....but due to the warning on his website I don't think he's doing you a favor.

Canada Shipping - $3.50 usd

Packages are shipped USPS International.

Note - Your order may be subject to customs fees, import taxes, duties, or other fees imposed by your government. All such fees are your responsibility, and are not included in the $3.50 shipping charge. Please contact your customs office for information about additional fees.

(Above is from the website)

Sounds like the guy is pretty confident you are going to get charged.

I once bought a leather jacket that was $250 bucks off ebay....got screwed with an extra $80 dollars when package arrived via customs broker....lets just say they also don't choose the cheapest customs brokers lol....

The guy could be nice and ship it as a gift....but due to the warning on his website I don't think he's doing you a favor.

Not sure. It says MAY.

I recently bought 2 lures from an american company and was charged $2.50. Got the lures and there was no extra charges.

it seems like a crap shoot- i buy rods from gloomis usa and pay flat rate 20 us for shipping. 2 out of 4 times (roughly 50%) ive had to pay fees. 3.50 us for shipping these days is a joke, most guys want 11+ for a lure - good fiond!

The courier services - UPS, FedEx, etc. - charge exorbitant customs clearance fees. Those do NOT apply when you have items shipped by United States Postal Service (USPS). So be careful to look for and specify USPS delivery.

Canada Post supposedly charges a $5 handling fee for cross-border purchases, and you could be asked to pay GST, but I have never run into either one of those, over dozens of items.

I'd say you can buy by mail from the States with confidence that it's not going to bite you much, if at all. Same applies to a few items I've bought from the UK, China and Japan.

Thanks for the link Cudz!

Let us know how you make out with fees, but like others have said, you are best with USPS over the couriers.

I signed up for his newsletter. Looks like a decent site and vendor!

Yeah, his name is Tom and I spoke to him last week on the phone. He told me he was doing his best to allow Canadians to be able to buy his goods (before Monday you could not). I told him to let me know when Canadians could buy and as soon as he configurated his software he wrote me back. I ordered my lures last night and he sent me an email today letting me know that he shipped them this morning first thing. Great service thus far.

Purolator or UPS I find you have to pay. USPS for whatever reason misses that fee about 9 out of 10 times.

Interesting site you sure

Decent prices from what I can see.

Mr Ologist, I have everything shipped to Wiers and go pick it up. No worries about extra charges that way. I have had Canada post hold my stuff for ransome before.

Decent prices from what I can see.

Mr Ologist, I have everything shipped to Wiers and go pick it up. No worries about extra charges that way. I have had Canada post hold my stuff for ransome before.

me too i've bought some great stuff over the internet before (F.T.A. sattelites and rods and reels). i probably do save alot that way.

Purolator or UPS I find you have to pay. USPS for whatever reason misses that fee about 9 out of 10 times.

Interesting site you sure

It's actually because UPS charges a "brokerage fee" which is a certain percentage of your parcel that goes directly to UPS for them doing...absolutly nothing.

Ship USPS and and you'll be good to go as they dont charge this fee to you. And usually if something shows up at the border and its under 50$ the customs guys wave it on through and dont charge duty... :Gonefishing:

Just ordered some lures myself - if anyones interested in what the exchange rate is like today $21 turned into $22.50 when i used Paypal to make my direct payment!

Maybe if we get a few orders in we can get an OFC coupon code at some point!? no harm in asking i guess

Edited by jpmclean

Havent recieved my order yet considering it only was placed today - but i will say so far the customer service from this place is fantastic. I asked about some Rebel lures and they emailed me back a few hours later with answers and such - i dont ever remember getting that sort of help from any other store - could be a winner here! especially for someone like me who doesnt have a vehicle very often and cant make it to a fishing store very often!

Got my shipment today - in a nice little box that fit in the mailbox at my condo (which is helpful cos i hate goin to the p.o. when im not home)

Billing info is right on box and there was ZERO customs fees :)

GOLD!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

(ordered Bandit 100 baby bass, 200 crawfish orange, Bomber BD4F fat free fry dances fire tiger, and X9255 Zara Spook Natural Leopard Frog)