Shopping at Dollarama

Jonny

I was at one of the local $ama's today and I wondered why the stock of fishing stuff was so low, until I met this nice gentleman and his wife and grand-daughter. He informed me that his group was having a Dollarama Derby and I said, "Hey I'm part of a group that's working on that too!"

Turns out it's the same group! :P

Edited by Jocko

you dont hear that everyday.....

I said, "Hey since we're part of the same group, do you think you could put some of that stuff back on the shelf?"

He said, "Not a chance." :P j/k

BTW, neither of us could find telescopic rods. Are those going to be part of the requirement?

GRANDDAUGHTER????? LOL.... Man.. I must be looking old...

Nice to meet you Jocko.. I think the rod just has to be purchased there and we got two 6 foot bamboo ones... keepers for sure!!!

Dollarama navigation

1. Mirrors- Aisle #7

2. Anti-wrinkle cream - Aisle #4

Man, that's a deep cut :stretcher:

Edited by SNAG

Nice to meet you Jocko.. I think the rod just has to be purchased there and we got two 6 foot bamboo ones... keepers for sure!!!

Ok so I think I've figured this out ---

• $2 spinning reel and line
  • $1 bamboo pole
  • $1.25 roll of aluminum wire for pike leaders
  • $1 black electrical tape to tape the reel and aluminum wire guides onto the pole
  • $1 can of Carriere Hot Hamburger Gravy for dipping your lures in (fish scent)

That leaves $3 for three lures of your choice.

We don't have to net the fish with those fancy bamboo-pole dip-nets they sell, do we? :D

Dollarama navigation

1. Mirrors- Isle #7

2. Anti-wrinkle cream - isle #4

OOPS! Leave it to me to piss of the boss after the very first time I meet him! But in all fairness, I don't think cosmetics should count towards the $10 limit.

Good idea on the pike leaders!

Unless you make leaders or they can be purchased.......

Stay away from LARGE PREDATORS!!

I think they have $1 pliers????

Get picture hanger wire and then unwind the strands. A friend of mine makes his own leaders that way. It works.

JF

Ok so I think I've figured this out ---

• $2 spinning reel and line
  • $1 bamboo pole
  • $1.25 roll of aluminum wire for pike leaders
  • $1 black electrical tape to tape the reel and aluminum wire guides onto the pole
  • $1 can of Carriere Hot Hamburger Gravy for dipping your lures in (fish scent)

That leaves $3 for three lures of your choice.

We don't have to net the fish with those fancy bamboo-pole dip-nets they sell, do we? :D

OOPS! Leave it to me to p*ss of the boss after the very first time I meet him! But in all fairness, I don't think cosmetics should count towards the $10 limit.

Wow your dollarama is sucking a bit.

We have telescopic fishing rods for $2

We have 8" leaders, pack of 6 I believe for $1

My D-Rama sucks. All the fishing stock is gone except some snap swivels and flies.

here in Toronto, you can find $Rama everywhere. If items run out in one store, you can always find another store that carries them. The benefit of living in the big city. Only drawback is when it comes to fishing time we have to drive an hour at least for a good fishing spot.

Wow your dollarama is sucking a bit.

We have telescopic fishing rods for $2

We have 8" leaders, pack of 6 I believe for $1

by the way, has anyone ever caught anything using the lures sold at $rama? I have to admit they look really good for the price of a buck.

I caught my first fish not using live bait with a spinner from the D-ram...

Caught a VERY small round gobie, some silver fish I couldn't identify, and another fish that was too small that I couldn't tell what it was kinda looked like a bass but with black stripes. (I'm a fishing noob, but I have fun sucking at it)

They do!

I was on the Niagara river, pretty much at the mouth of Erie.

I did see Atlantic on this website, but I saw a bunch of other silver fish too...Didn't want to sound like a noob and claim a fish that wasn't possible to catch hahaha.

I caught it with a mini-red devil!