33 members have voted

1. 1. What Dates Work Best For You? Can Pick More Than One

• August 1
    • August 8
    • August 15
    • August 22
    • August 29
    • Any of the Above
  2. 2. Which Location Would you be Attending?

• Niagara/Hamilton area
    • Toronto or Kawarthas
    • Barrie
    • Sarnia/Chatham/Windsor
    • Ottawa
    • North Bay/Sudbury
    • Other, Please Specify

OK here is a simple poll for the Dollarama Derby. I added a few other locations in case there is a lot of interest in other areas. Once everyone figures out how many people are going to each location we can decide where to hold it.

I will attend the Niagara/Hamilton one. The only thing is that I would like to go out for a couple wobbly pops after.

Can we pin this with the others?

Edited by Dan Bouck

I voted but summer is really unpredictable with all the visitors we get here at the lake. I would only know a few days ahead of time if I'm free.

Would love to participate, though, depending on time and how it's set up (i.e. in-person derby or on-line entries, or both).

I only voted for one date...ooops...

Forgot to vote for the 8,15

I voted for the Niagara/Hamilton area & as long as you don't look down on me for eating so many wings...I'll join you in a few beers :D

voted!

should be a blast!--does fishing gear have to come from a "Dollarama" store or can we use stuff from any local Dollar Store?

RAMA baby! HAHAHAHA

oh and a wee bump to the top again... ;)

voted!

should be a blast!--does fishing gear have to come from a "Dollarama" store or can we use stuff from any local Dollar Store?

Hmm. tough one.

In the rules it says fishing stuff from dollarama unless you don't have one in town.

Reason being is taht there are more dollaramas than anything else and I want everyone to have essentially the same stuff.

I went to another dollar store yesterday and they had line, sinkers and smaller hooks.

Dollarama unless ther is not one around you.

I've checked $ama stores in North Bay and Sudbury now, and nobody has the telescopic rods. So what's the fallback position, or is there one?

I have two telescopic "spares" I bought years ago that are probably not much better than the $ama rods.

I picked up the $ama reel in Sudbury today. What a piece of CRAP!!! :D But lo and behold - it's for a Leftie... right up my alley!

I've checked $ama stores in North Bay and Sudbury now, and nobody has the telescopic rods. So what's the fallback position, or is there one?

I have two telescopic "spares" I bought years ago that are probably not much better than the $ama rods.

I picked up the $ama reel in Sudbury today. What a piece of CRAP!!! :D But lo and behold - it's for a Leftie... right up my alley!

How did you find a lefty!?!?!??! they must have shipped them all North thinking none would sell in the GTA for some reason. 7 stores, no lefties here for me so far so I got a righty just in case...

How did you find a lefty!?!?!??! they must have shipped them all North thinking none would sell in the GTA for some reason. 7 stores, no lefties here for me so far so I got a righty just in case...

Crank is on the right-hand side of the reel. They were all that way as far as I saw.

I'm still wondering whether the rules will be that a $rama rod has to be used. The reels and lures seem to be available everywhere --- the rods aren't. Personally I don't think the rod makes much difference, unless you're forced to use a bamboo rod that has no eyes and no reel seat because you can't get the telescopic "cheapie".

Crank is on the right-hand side of the reel. They were all that way as far as I saw.

I'm still wondering whether the rules will be that a $rama rod has to be used. The reels and lures seem to be available everywhere --- the rods aren't. Personally I don't think the rod makes much difference, unless you're forced to use a bamboo rod that has no eyes and no reel seat because you can't get the telescopic "cheapie".

Of course the rod makes a difference.....The way to tell how much of a difference is to put one in your hand and then and only then will you realize how cheap it really is....I guess thats the real challenge of using this stuff..... :lol:

North London dollarama branch has a ton of the rods,telescopic or cane pole......If anyone wants one I can scoop a bunch of them and hand them out at one of the G2G's

Of course the rod makes a difference.....The way to tell how much of a difference is to put one in your hand and then and only then will you realize how cheap it really is....I guess thats the real challenge of using this stuff..... :lol:

Not possible here.

And your offer is great but up here (and probably participating in the on-line portion by the looks of it) I won't be able to take advantage of it.

If the rod can be any rod, then we're all good. Equal, open-ended footing for all.

If a $rama rod is a requirement, I'll make one out of bamboo, aluminum wire and black electrical tape. It doesn't have to be their bamboo pole either. They sell bamboo plant stakes for gardening that are about 5' long. One of those will do.

A cherry or willow sapling might work too. :)