GBay report

Cast-Away

Well I just got back from our worst trip in 19 years going to the same area. It rained on and off for the full 5 days. Every time we went out we got chased back in by a storm. We did very little fishing in 5 days. We had a new bass and small pike but nothing worth bragging about and no pics. We did have a couple of 2+ pound SM Bass out at a shoal in open Georgian Bay.

The highlight of the trip was when we had a small adult bear on our site during the first day. We chased it off but it came back that night while we were out and got at some of our food. Once it got a taste of the food it became much more aggressive and stalked our campsite all night long. We had to put all of our food in the boat. Thankfully I have an Anchor Buddy to keep the boat well away from shore! We did not see him again after that night. The park rangers can’t do anything other than come by to scare it off.

Guest gbfisher

5 days and nothing to speak of....That sucks! The lake of hard knocks strikes again. :(

Im sure the excitment with the bear and the view made up for the no fish pics.. :D

I do alot of my fishing in that area, Cast-Away, and the weather has been tough enough, but nothing seems to be as it should. Alot of the areas that usually held fish still had brown weeds a few weeks ago, and the water is way cooler than normal. Like the summer, I'm hoping for better late than never for the fishing!.

Actually camped right across the river from Cast-Away this weekend and was told about a mother bear with 3 cubs and a male in the area that were to be watched out for....never known or met him until our posts crossed paths and we realized who we were...unlike him we fished the bays and never really hit georgian bay and had a great weekend....word to the wise if you hear Castaway and his buddies are gonna be fishing in your area bring your ear plugs casue these boys like to party....lol just kdding... :lol: beautiful spot and will definetly return sorry your luck wasn't great