Balsam Lake boat rental needed

Jet

Rosedale has good boats for rent, not sure if they rent 9.9 tinnys but last year I rented at 35hp 15 footer with casting deck and console for about $120 for the day aprox... I think they also have a 75hp 16 footer. They provide a pretty good lake map also.

Good luck

recommend rosedale to but there is also this place in coby

http://www.thompsonsmarina.com/index.php?l...41,,boat_4_rent

id say go with rosedale even if it is more expensive i think it has a better rep and also that marina is kinda out of the way of the main lake

edit

http://www.rosedalemarina.com/rentals.html

30 bucks more and a 25 with console and casting deck go with rosedale

Edited by canadianboy

recommend rosedale to but there is also this place in coby

http://www.thompsonsmarina.com/index.php?l...41,,boat_4_rent

id say go with rosedale even if it is more expensive i think it has a better rep and also that marina is kinda out of the way of the main lake

edit

http://www.rosedalemarina.com/rentals.html

30 bucks more and a 25 with console and casting deck go with rosedale

Hi everybody.

I rented the 14' PRINCECRAFT fishing boat with 25 hp Merc motor about 2 weeks ago from Rosedale. It was fun to drive around and easy to start up. Just turn the key instead of yanking the cord like on the smaller 9.8hp motors. The seats were comfortable too, better than sitting on the wooden board like in the smaller boats.

The downside was that we got nailed on gas and oil at the end of the day. She charged us $26 for gas and $10 for oil!!! Mind you we did go all over Balsam that day and almost drove over the logs in the northwest bay lol. But there was a small muskie hiding in the upright logs which caused a fuss for my plastic shad. It struck but I did not hook it properly:( I should have waited until I felt the weight of the fish before setting the hook.

The total for bot rental that day was $161 after taxes. :wacko: The marina had a nice clean and large washroom (10X better than the portapotty stinky boxes at other places) and the service was good too. So nice to wash your face free of suntan lotion after many hours of fishing and the drive home.

I'll probably head up there again in the fall because muskie fishing sucked for me the day I went.

Edited by Syn

Seconding Thompson's Marina in Coboconk. I was looking for a motor only to rent, and they were the only folks from Coby to Fenelon interested in providing that service. Later in the week, they replaced an oarlock for me (no tools in the cottage) for no charge. That lady (!) at Rosedale gets no points for friendly.

Nice folks at Thompson's, they deserve your business.

Awesome guys, thanks for the prompt responses.

I'm leaning towards Rosedale because my friend has several kids that may have to come along which means I'll have to go with the pontoon. Definitely I find fuel charges a topic of debate with different marinas. Some actually fill it up in front of you at the pump and charge you what the pump reads. Others eyeball the tank and always seem to over-estimate. I've been charged over $20 for a 9.9 14ft simply drift fishing all day.

Hey Syn, did they fill it up or estimate the fuel used? $10 for oil seems kinda high too.

Awesome guys, thanks for the prompt responses.

I'm leaning towards Rosedale because my friend has several kids that may have to come along which means I'll have to go with the pontoon. Definitely I find fuel charges a topic of debate with different marinas. Some actually fill it up in front of you at the pump and charge you what the pump reads. Others eyeball the tank and always seem to over-estimate. I've been charged over $20 for a 9.9 14ft simply drift fishing all day.

Hey Syn, did they fill it up or estimate the fuel used? $10 for oil seems kinda high too.

She checked the gas tank in the boat just before we left 8:20 am and estimated full. It was near full. At the end of the day 7pm we put the boat in front of the pump and we watched the $$$$ go up to $26 :( I thought it was over with the charging but then she had a tube and was filling it with oil and said $10 more for oil.

I think gas is perhaps a tiny bit over, but we did drive around the boat alot, but $10 for oil I'm sure was overestimated. But I don't really care of a few dollars anyhow. At most we were overcharged by $5. Not a big deal.

If we caught big fish then the boat rental would be well worth it for the lifetime memories of big fish.

Other things to note $700 or $800 deposit (FULL refund) on that boat and $50 late boat fee after 7pm.

She acted professionally and she gave us a water proof map to use that showed the shoals and some fishing spots.

Edited by Syn