Got pricked with a fish spine

LucG

def is infected i remember getting a good cut across the palm from a carp back in april/may disinfected it and bandaged it i recommend seeing a doc right away if you already then tell us how you did and get better

Edited by carpman3000

Well...I'm still alive. I went to see a doc at a local clinic and he didnt seemed too concerned, but that didnt surprise me. By the time I had gone to see him, the red dots had faded and didnt seem as bad. He told me to go buy benadryl or reatin and sleep on it.

I woke up this morning with still no pain or swelling to my hand and all the spots are almost completely gone as well as any redness.

But I am feeling quite a bit of joint pain and general weakness throughout my body. Could this be from the meds?

Definitely looks like an allergic reaction.

If you go to any walk in clinic they will just tell you to go get benadryl and sleep on it!

Gotta love our health care system!

In the US they would run a million tests (assuming you have health insurance lol)

Called it!

And yes...when you go to walk-in clinics be happy if they at least look you in the face while your talking to them lol!

benadryl and most antihistamines contain stong stimulants like ephedrine. they act as vasal (vascular) dilators that shrink swollen cells and tissue. like any amphetamine they can cause hangovers.

good thing you didn't eat this toxic fish of death.

I always have a bottle of Purel Hand Sanitizer in my tackle box. After getting stung a couple of times by catfish and mudpout I tried the sanitizer and took the pain away instantly. Before it used to hurt for 3-4 days.

same,

a guy i worked with got a slight cut up north and thought nothing of it. the next day he was in hospital battling flesh eating disease. he was/is a very large man (300ish) but lost about 80lbs and was very sick for quite a while. the doc told him to always keep iodine with him while fishing, it kills everything the best. i personally trust that a good dose of hand sanitizer will do the trick immediately upon any cut.

Its a very scary thing that these serious problems can arise from such a small start, i never take this type of injury lightly anymore.

AA.