Parry Sound & Area Fishing

bluesky1713

I just bought a boat (my first - photos attached because I know how much you all love photos) and am looking to get out fishing in the Parry Sound area where I live. Just wondering if any board members have advice/tips on good lakes in the area or spots on Georgian Bay for fishing (any species)? I do not have downriggers yet, just mounts for them (ignore downriggers in the photos).

Thanks!

1999_Niteram_Futura_V14__1.jpeg

1999_Niteram_Futura_V14__2.jpeg

Edited by bluesky1713

Ok. Hmmm... I'd like to keep it close, if at possible. That way I could load up and hit the lake after work. And, it would be nice to be able to target some pickerel. Is Manitouwabing a good fishery overall?

Also, if I were to get some downriggers, is it possible to catch salmon, lakers, or bows on GB off Parry Sound?

Head out into the Towhship of The Archipelago, millions of random spots in calm little bays around all the islands.

Best fishing I've ever done....but I don't get out much!

Tons of fish to be caught! All different types!

I have fished Manitouwabing a number of times, usually just for the small tourney they have in the fall. Decent sized lake and I'm still trying to figure it out. I wanted to explore new water there a couple times and couldn't catch anything. I really couldn't believe the areas I was fishing didn't produce any fish. I find it to be a tough place to fish if you don't know the area too well.

I know some guys do well there. If anybody has any tips for fishing I'm sure it would help us out.

JFish

I just came back from a weekend on Manitouwabing. I fished for 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday and got into 6 pike total. The biggest could still be called a hammerhandle. I agree with JFish's statement that the lake is tough to figure out. I fished islands, points, shallow weedbeds, docks, shorelines with sunken timber - all the classic spots that are supposed to yield fish and caught nothing. If you choose Manitouwabing, I'd advise you to fish with someone who knows the water well - it's a tough nut to crack. The boat traffic is fairly light on the lake but that could have been due to the poor weather.