Rod Storage for your car

Lunker777

Hey all.... Im trying to talk my boss into selling me one of the old work trucks.... Im pondering ideas for ways to store the rods in the bed of the truck...

Just wondering how you guys tackle 7' one peice rods in your car or vehicle ?

Thanks

I know a guy who had a pickup with one of those hard tonneau covers and he built a simple wood rack then had it covered in leatherette that attached to bottom of the locking tonneau cover so he could store the rods there. The best part was they were up off the floor and protected from getting stepped on or having something roll over them. The only thing was you had to feed the rods into it upside down because of the eyes. When you turned the rods around the spacing of the other bars on the rack used the eyes and the weight of the reel to hold them. It was a pain the first couple times I used it but it worked very well once you got the motion of putting the rods in and turning them.

in my wife's grand caravan, I use the roof vents (the ones that open and close for the hot or cold air to the mid and rear of the van) as my support. run a bungie cord from side to side, insert rods from back to front and then use another bungie to keep them all to one side. that is only for my 1 piece rods. the rest go in the rod locker (soft case).