Cyprus Lake at Bruce Peninsula National Park

Yaugen

History: I’ve been fishing as an amateur (well, at least once a month in the summer :) ) for 5 years now (mostly in the Eastern Europe, but not in Canada yet – just my first year living in Toronto), so I’m kinda total newbie here…

We’ll be camping in the Bruce Peninsula National Park (Cyprus lake campground) next weekend (July 31 – Aug 3) and I thought why not to try my fishing luck there? :)

That’s been said, I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to fish from the shore there (a point on the google maps would be great)? OR should I rent a boat (don’t want to spend too much money on that though)?

2. What bait should I use with my 50-buck Canadian Tire spinning combo (in order to boost my chances to catch something)? And what kind of fish should I expect this time of the year/current weather conditions?

Thanks a lot in advance! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Eugene

Welcome, I was camping there earlier this year and brought along my fishing gear. There is basically no shore fishing opportunities since the lake is very shallow near shore. If you rent a canoe or boat then you might have more luck. I recommend bringing a good pair of hiking boots and hike the trails instead.

Depending on when your going threw Wiarton Outback Tackle is at the top of the hill on the north end behind the Motel on the Right go in there and ask Ted he could likely help you out, I fish a few lakes up there but from a boat & there is not much for shore fishing were I go

Tight Lines Richard

crankbait, spinnerbaitking, Musky or Specks, thanks a lot for the answers!

I'm planning to rent a canoe and try fishing from it (also will try to find Wiarton Outback Tackle on my way to the camping).

Still not sure what to use as a bait/lure/etc ... OR should I bring just spinning and reel and buy the rest at Wiarton Outback Tackle?

Edited by Eugene

If I'm fishing any where there is Bass I would have spinnerbaits, crankbaits & likely some tubes or what ever soft plastic you like, top water would be good also, as far as location I've never fished that lake but Ted will help you, he has a small tackle shop.

Tight Lines Richard

Cypress Lake you are allowed only canoes. In the connecting lake Cameron you can rent motor boats.Walleye fishing is tough but there are lots smallies. Try driving up the road a bit to the day use beach area which is also a part of the park. There you will find a small stream that holds brookies.