Musky eat salmo skinner's

GbayGiant

Do you self a favor and pic up the 8" salmo skinner in shiner pattern these have great action for a plastic lure, the fish seem to love them too. The first time out with this lure I picked up a 29" walleye and a 41" pike and tonight a 51" muskie, versatile lure.

I was trolling 3 mph along a sand/rock break line in 14' with the lucky salmo and picked up my first musky of the year before the storm front blew in. She swallowed the lure deep but I managed to get all hooks out with little effort or stress on the fish, revived her for a bit to see her swim away.

gallery_322_548_32191.jpg

med_gallery_322_548_80892.jpg

She was actually pretty fat (fatter than the pic lets on anyway,lol), my pics always come out like that long snake style, must be the angle I hold them or something, it's funny how the same fish can look twice as big in a different angle but she'll definitely be much fatter come October, I'll keep feeding them these salmos hopfully :D .

Thanks GCD, yep the 20 centimeter they call it, it's about 8 and a quarter inch in your hand, you can jerk'em, twichem and troll them. I'm a big fan now usually I like wood lures but these have some crazy side to side wobble action, probably would work good on lot's of saltwater fish too.

Thanks guys, yeah G bay.

Squid I actually just got some off a guy on this site in the classifieds from North Bay for 22 each, no tax. I'm going to have to get a couple more cause that musky demolished that one, huge holes all in it now, lol. I got some of the big salmo Fatso cranks too only 6" long but super fat, they are nice as well for real shallow fishing.

Hey Jarred, Yeah maybe next time your up there won't be a blizzard, I pulled my boat out that next day, lol.

Ciceri, you guys got some monsters out there too, you'll find one eventually. I got my trolling motor at Backwater tackle and seen pics of all the monsters they get in the south end, frig there even invading Wasaga beach now, lol, that guy a couple years ago got a 50 plus incher trolling for salmon at the mouth of the Notty.

Edited by GbayGiant

Hey Jarred, Yeah maybe next time your up there won't be a blizzard, I pulled my boat out that next day, lol.

Ciceri, you guys got some monsters out there too, you'll find one eventually. I got my trolling motor at Backwater tackle and seen pics of all the monsters they get in the south end, frig there even invading Wasaga beach now, lol, that guy a couple years ago got a 50 plus incher trolling for salmon at the mouth of the Notty.

Yea, maybe once I have my own boat.