Gloucester Pool eyes-Part II

skdds

Well, back from Gloucester Pool, was in the north half of the lake last week..great weather except for one day-all rain. Was fishing solo so spent most of my time trolling worm harnesses with various spinnerbait outfits. No eyes to be found however, try as I did and I did fish hard! Happy to say however that the smallmouth fishing was great. The SM hit the worm harnesses hard and predictably and gave great fights. I spent most of my time at the mouth of the Gloucester Passage, a navigation channel that leads to the Big Chute...marked clouds of (I think) baitfish on the sonar and where there were baitfish there were lots smallies just waiting for a meal.

All fish were caught 30-50 feet deep and also at some great drop offs in the area. Anything shallower snagged sunfish and rockbass. Also fished near the hydro dam and nearby Marie Island and had good success too. I tried fishing white falls area...little sucess for anything...

Apparently the pike fishing was good too but I didn't hook into any. Why I am not sure.

Any thoughts on where the Walleye were? I hope to fish GP again soon!

Here are a few pics..

skdds

DSCN5354_2.JPG

DSCN5266_2.JPG

Well here is what I heard. They were netting on Gloucester pool to try and get musky numbers and throughout the weekend they managed to net a couple of musky, a bunch of bass and to their surprise only 1 single walleye.

Edited by Cudz

Did fish up at white's falls..nothing other than rock bass! even tried a spot called Pickeral Point nearby....nothing!

BTW did see a nice Musky one morning...swam out from under the dock while I was loading the boat. Go figure I spend hours on the lake and a nice musky was in two feet of water at the dock... :D