Great day on Scugog!

dizzidevil

Picture163_1_.jpgWell had a great day on the water. Got there around 8am and fished until 4pm, looked at port perry and saw the clouds rolling in so that was my indcation that it is time to get off the lake. Caught two walleyes frist one was in 15ft with a orange jig and a gulp 3 inch leech. Than decided to go and work the weeds with my white spinner tipped with a white grub. Caught lots of 2-3lb bass, also caught a small walleye with it and for the grand finale the musky hit it and took me for a ride! It started to do a 180 around my boat, right towards my drift sock. So I keeped the tension on and tried to pull the sock in while fighting the beast and all of a sudden, who knew musky jump out of the water? That was my first musky on and now I have had the taste and want it again! I can't figure out how to crop my pic's so sorry guys the only pic's are of the bass!

Scroll down to see my first muskie boated Sept.13/09.

JayandLizscottagebththime061_1_1_.jpg

JayandLizscottagebththime062_1_1_.jpg

JayandLizscottagebththime063_1_1_1_.jpg

Edited by dizzidevil

Well had a great day on the water. Got there around 8am and fished until 4pm, looked at port perry and saw the clouds rolling in so that was my indcation that it is time to get off the lake. Caught two walleyes frist one was in 15ft with a orange jig and a gulp 3 inch leech. Than decided to go and work the weeds with my white spinner tipped with a white grub. Caught lots of 2-3lb bass, also caught a small walleye with it and for the grand finale the musky hit it and took me for a ride! It started to do a 180 around my boat, right towards my drift sock. So I keeped the tension on and tried to pull the sock in while fighting the beast and all of a sudden, who knew musky jump out of the water? That was my first musky on and now I have had the taste and want it again! I can't figure out how to crop my pic's so sorry guys the only pic's are of the bass!

no pics?

use photobucket... autocrops it for you...

www.photobucket.com

Better than any day I have ever had on Scugog lol Musky are excellent jumpers, congrats on tangling with your first :clapping:

Posting pictures.... Photobucket would be my suggestion also if you would like to post your pictures and cannot resize them. If you need further assistance, feel free to PM me.

• 1 month later...

sounds like you're having good luck on the bog. i fished it from aug 23 to 30th, right after the big storms north of toronto. the lake was right stirred up and i just couldn't get on the fish. tried everything. finally 'gave up' and took out my 7 year old nephew, i knew i could get some little panfish. well wouldn't you know the hook and worm started catching bass and walleye, got it all figured out and caught fish for the last 2 days. did the same thing the next week, found the little stuff and moved up from there. ive heard the top of the lake by scugog island is a good spot for muskie, and also seems most weather protected in the times ive been there. good luck!