Frogs, topwater, weedless..

I love frog fishing, hook ups can be an issue at times, as for colour i use greens, yellows and white I don't think colour is a huge issue for frog fishing to some it matters, the biggest thing with frogs is most people fish em to fast , twitch twitch pause hold on.

good luck

I tried to simulate a kick and glide motion that you see a swimming frog do, with a little pause in between the end of the glide and the start of a new kick. The wind was a little up today so I tried going against the wave action to be more visible. I probably just need a solid day of trying to see if it works.

They're so much fun to fish with. For color , I usually go with black or white . I find a good technique is to wait a little while after your initial cast before moving the bait (like until the ripples fade) , and then start a slow retrieve. A lot of times bass will hit it just as you start moving the bait.

Guest skeeter99
What is it that makes "white" bait so effective?

absolutely nothing especially on top waters

all baits look black looking up from the bottom due to the light

hold your spro frog up to the sun and look at it , oh the frog is black now same as all other topwaters, but if it gets your confidence up go ahead

ask a diver about this!!! objects on surface look black on the bottom looking up

same as red hooks **ever seen blood underwater** it is black

absolutely nothing especially on top waters

all baits look black looking up from the bottom due to the light

hold your spro frog up to the sun and look at it , oh the frog is black now same as all other topwaters, but if it gets your confidence up go ahead

ask a diver about this!!! objects on surface look black on the bottom looking up

same as red hooks **ever seen blood underwater** it is black

A wise man once told me, "All ****y looks grey in the dark." I guess it was meant for more than one aspect in life.

Part of what makes them effective is Largemouth can pick up the movement across lilly pads even if they cant see it. I have dragged frogs across thick lily pads and wathced the lilly pads pop up as the bass try to hone in on it, its pretty exciting.

I tried to simulate a kick and glide motion that you see a swimming frog do, with a little pause in between the end of the glide and the start of a new kick. The wind was a little up today so I tried going against the wave action to be more visible. I probably just need a solid day of trying to see if it works.

It works >>>

watch the next thread I am gonna post called " Top-Water fishing in the slop ;)