WHO????????

misfish

It's funny, 90% of the time it either rains, or is fore-casted to rain and doesn't. I've been through so many hours in the rain that I really don't mind it anymore, I in fact prefer it to a sunny day while fishing. I also don't use umbrellas anymore, the rain falling on me reminds me of fishing :)

Summer of 1990 every weekend it rained and I had a job with every weekend off. This was my son's first year and we still had our motorhome. We didn't use it once all summer and sold it in September. What a kick in the ass that was, as you can see I haven't forgotten it after all these years.

We must be setting a record this season with the unreal amount of rainfall and temperatures. I went out to the garage yesterday morning to pull the boat out to go fishing. The sky was dark and cloudy looking over the mountain and towards where I wanted to go. I contemplated it for an hour and the cloud mass got closer. I decided not to go out. Then it got cooler and in the afternoon it got really hot so I came home and put the A/C on. At 4:00 I went to pick my wife up and it was cold again, and cloudy. Decided to start up the BBQ, everytime I went to pull it out of the garage it started to rain. Put it back and the sun came :rolleyes: out, decide to do it again and the rain started. Put it away and the sun came out! Off and on it went like this for half an :blink: hour.In the end the sun won the battle but now I find out the steak I had just bought in the same afternoon was :angry: bad, back to the store it goes and frozen hamburgers came out of the freezer! :(

I too have joined the club of the disenchanted and want the local weatherman's resignation :jerry: The weather network is no better, at least 3 times this year they were totally off as to wind direction. The last time we went out on the water they said we were to have a NW wind...it was E, N/E, on Lake Erie that can make a big difference.

Not that I want it to rain every weekend but you don't have to worry about the skier,tubers or jet ski's when it's raining & I work every other weekend normally so as long as it's raining that weekend I don't really care HAHA, so I'm trying to decide do I go fishing today or tomorrow, waiting for a buddy to phone to decide

Tight Lines Richard

Myself ,I have fished in down pours.It,s part of the game,we all know that.

But now the weekends are for cruising with the mrs,s. Nice days would be nice for her.

Wish I lived in Bama,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT.LOL

There was also the summer of 82. Rain rolled in Friday night and stayed til Sunday evening. There has to be good and bad years. This year the rain almost always coincides with my market days at St Jakobs. Brutal again today.

If y'all were having a drought with blistering temperatures... you'd squawk aboot that too!!! :rolleyes:

NOPE.

The memory of winter is always fresh in the mind up here.

---

Couldn't be more miserable here today if it tried... wind kicking up rollers crashing in from the East, raining like a son of a gun (relieved by periods of absolute downpour), 16 degrees C.

Well yeah, it could be colder.

My days of fishing in the rain (and snow) are over. Been there, done that many times. I ain't that macho any more. <_<

Myself ,I have fished in down pours.It,s part of the game,we all know that.

But now the weekends are for cruising with the mrs,s. Nice days would be nice for her.

Wish I lived in Bama,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT.LOL

You would DIE in the summer down here!!!

Someone would be picking you up out of the boat carpet with the Shop-Vac!!!... "My Canadian MELTED"!!!

You would DIE in the summer down here!!!

Someone would be picking you up out of the boat carpet with the Shop-Vac!!!... "My Canadian MELTED"!!!

I don't think so because up here we have a quick fix for the heat.............it's called Labatt's Ice. Look but don't touch...... :Phttp://www.labatt.com/english/lbc_brands/fam/fb_ice.html