NEW STRADIC CI4 !!

Well, i feel sorry for whoever bought the stradic mgfb for a lite weight stradic! A new model came out at ICAST called the stradic Ci4. It has carbon gears and all... it only weighs 6.1 oz!!! Thats like a daiwa steez! It only cost 199 vs the 229 for the mgfb. Its cool looking too. The only thing though in my mind, the gears would be weak because they are carbon fiber instead of brass or nickel. here are some pics.

picicast09shimanoreels7.jpg

picicast09shimanoreels6.jpg

picicast09shimanoreels7.jpg

Pat I had you pegged for a real mans reel.....the baitcaster. lol. Here we go tiller/console. Spinner/ baitcaster....No lets not go their now.

I did get a few new TICA baitcasters recently to add to the arsenal and their are even a few people up North who have seen the quality firsthand. If anyone wants a reel that I feel is a level above the abu's give them a look see they are a very good bang for the buck.

Art

I love Stradics, I've got a bunch and use them all the time.

But if you're looking for a reel with similar carbon fiber components, plus the largest spool in the market (means longer casts).

Take a look at these reels. They're cheaper than the Stradics and imo better:

http://www.usreel.com/products/SXseries.aspx

A inch thick carbon fiber can stop a bullet from a 50 cal.

And you think it would be weaker then brass or nickel.

Brass is tin and bronze mixed.

Nickel is only good for a coating.

Brass = copper & zinc

Bronze = copper & tin

:D

Pat I had you pegged for a real mans reel.....the baitcaster. lol. Here we go tiller/console. Spinner/ baitcaster....No lets not go their now.

I did get a few new TICA baitcasters recently to add to the arsenal and their are even a few people up North who have seen the quality firsthand. If anyone wants a reel that I feel is a level above the abu's give them a look see they are a very good bang for the buck.

Art

I just got a new revo premier off of ebay if that makes you feel better lol :P . Shimanos core IMO is overpriced. the revo premier weighs 6.3 oz holds 145 yds of #12. core is 6.1 oz hold 110yd 12#. i picked the revo up for 175 usd. with ship and exchange it came out to 215$ not bad for a 315 dollar reel(can$).THe core is 450 at my local store.( i know this particular store is overpriced)... But why pay an extra200+ $ for 0.2 oz less? I could just imagine what the core 50 mg holds.. 25yds of 10# lol. The revo has hcpr bearings wich bloe the ss bearings of the core out of the water. Abu has 6 core has 5. I am not biased in any way but this is just my opinion. I have it paired up with my cumara 6'8. Insane lite.

Patrick

I love Stradics, I've got a bunch and use them all the time.

But if you're looking for a reel with similar carbon fiber components, plus the largest spool in the market (means longer casts).

I have heard bas things about these reels. I heard the quality was missing. But thats just people from basspro opinion.

According to Shimano's website, the only parts of the new Stradic that are carbon fibre are the: Frame, Sideplate and Rotor Construction. The gears are still metal (Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement).

Still a reel I'm definitely going to play around with at the shop :D

I have heard bas things about these reels. I heard the quality was missing. But thats just people from basspro opinion.

A lot of saltwater guys use these reels. They put up with crap that you'd never expose a reel fished in freshwater to..

There are 3 series, the SX series is top notch.

I'm personally amazed that more people aren't talking about them.

I saw them, they looked perfect for a pier & light trolling reel. Had an order in for a 3G to give them a whirl.....got cancelled, and the 3G & PRO's disappeared from their website.

Ooops.