Electric Fillet Knives

Jaffa_ricky

They are absolutely the bomb-diggity. I dont know how i lived without one for so long.

Ive got a no-namer, dont even remember what kind it is off the top of my head.......just keep your batteries charged and ready to go, as theres nothing worse than going to use it and the batts are dead. (i bought a cordless obviously)

Edited by Blaque

I think that knife is 59.99 off cabelas, so half price aint bad lol

I didn't look it up :P

But there you go, half priced knife!

I'm waiting on PM'ing him to give others the opportunity, but I am new to the fishing game and could do with a discount on some new gear!!!

i had storm from lebarons for few years, but few days ago i couldn't pass by the rapala priced at $10 (reg $49) at wallmart.

I was at Walmart on Wednesday and happened to look at the electric filleting knives. I didn't see one for ten bucks!? I'll have to go look again!

ive used the rapala rechargeable, loved it. i believe it may even be the "bomb-diggity" :lol: i thought it might not be good for small fish as it isn't as sensitive as a razor thin knife but it did work well for bigger stuff. cuts rightr thru the ribs if you choose, quite unstoppable.

I'm on my 4th electric knife. The first was the wife's turkey cutter that I had to replace. The start buttons on the top very un comfortable. Had that orange one from BPS worked good couldn't get replacement blades local, blew the main gear after 10 years. Bought Angler something and it was just to powerful cut a perch in half in a second.

Now have the Rapala, comes with 2 blade sizes that I replaced last year and bought 11in set. By far the best yet trigger on bottom light just the right amount of power and 7-8 years old and still going.

Garnet

Got this one at a back yard sale for a toonie :) .Figure it will help us out in the fall when theres deer to be butchered up as well as filleting fish. One question though..How do you sharpen these things ???

22222081.jpg

AFAIK you can't sharpen that kind of blade.

I just couldn't believe the darn knife couldn't be sharpened so I googled around and found this...

http://www.ehow.com/how_4925980_sharpen-el...ving-knife.html

The way I figured it was if you can hand sharpen a chainsaw then sharpening these electric carving knives should be a breeze..

Got this one at a back yard sale for a toonie :) .Figure it will help us out in the fall when theres deer to be butchered up as well as filleting fish. One question though..How do you sharpen these things ???

22222081.jpg

If you use that damn thing on a fish, you should be ashamed!... very ashamed!!! :blush:

The way I figured it was if you can hand sharpen a chainsaw then sharpening these electric carving knives should be a breeze..

Good luck with that. Worth a try I suppose. When I sharpen a chain saw chain, the saw never cuts straight again, but I guess that's just me. :)

I've got one of those... the name brand "Speedy Sharp" one - works great on regular knives

I have two Normarks that I have owned for over 28 years. Still use the same ones to-day and they work as good as the first day I used them when I was guiding. I broke the tip of the blade on one when i dropped it on some rocks, a guest borrowed it and spent the evening honing a new tip on it.

Electric filleting knives? :lol: