FISHING STURGEON

scottydog

The owner at Long Beach would probably let you launch, I believe he may even be an OFC member. Rented a boat from him last weekend, a very nice and helpful person, I will be getting a boat from him again in less than 9 hours!!! Come on Walleye, big money big money big money!

there is a free launch in fenlon, right by the swing bridge...

Dave

ps my cottage is right across the launch

Thats in cameron though, not sturgeon.

You could lock thru......but why pay for the lock, when you can launch for free and run up the lake?

S.

Its much closer from Pleasant point or Long beach if your driving from the south. Pleasant point is free. Gravel launch with no docks though. Long beach has a good launch, but you have to pay, and get a key, and return it.....I gave up on that one. Its only a 5 mile run from Pleasant point to the river to Fenelon.

I'm not sure you can launch at whychwood anymore either........can someone confirm this? Last time I went there, there was nobody home.........wasted a lot of my time.

S.

Sorry, can't help you with your question. BUT, I used to fish Sturgeon quite a bit, and I'll give you one good spot. Find Sturgeon Point (opposite longbeach) and fish about 100 yards off the point bouncing jigs off the bottom. We found that area to be very VERY reliable. You will definitely see locals there in the evenings.

Best,

Mike