Niagara River (Shore Fishing)

TC1OZ

I haven't had much real chance to go fishing for longer than an hour, but I've been down to the coal docks twice (on the Niagara River) around 8 AM and I haven't caught anything.

Got a couple of snags, lost a few lures but thats about it.

This is my first time trying to fish with anything other than a hook and worm...so chances are I'm using the wrong stuff....

I'll save my self the embarrassment and let you guys give me some suggestions....

TC try going to the lanch ramp at Nichols marine just south of coal dock right across the road from Denis's tackle store. I see people fishing that slack water area every time I'm launching my boat. I don't know how or what they're fishing but it could be worthwhile just going and watching and talking to the locals.

Rob

Thanks for the tip!

I'm hoping to go out early this weekend and catch the locals....anyways, thanks for the advice.

Due to my work schedule I haven't been able to visit Denis yet....he did tell me to stop by but hes got those damn bankers hours!

Hopefully I can swing by Saturday morning...

http://www.outdoorsniagara.com/upperniagaramap.htm

I found this, not really super local to me... I did plan on driving down that way, maybe I'll cast off on a couple of these spots.

If anyone lives on Grand Island this map would be a dream!

I'm sure the fishing is different at all times, but it gives me some good clues.

I'm gonna keep searching for Fort Erie spots though...its nice just to get out for an hour or two and not have to drive more than 10 mins.

Right below the coal docks is a man made peninsula. Fish the current edge on the downstream side. Bait off the bottom to avoid goby's and a bobber works just fine.

Waverly ruins are good too for carp, sheepshead and bass.

What would you like to target?

What would you like to target?

Fish :D

I am just a fan of reeling a fish in...weeds & sticks are not fun!

I have fished since I was little but nothing more than hook, sinker, worm.

I appreciate the tips! I've been getting a lot of good PM's!

Got so much I will be trying, hopefully I get get up SUPER early tomorrow and get some fishing in!!