Rondeau bay !

Lunker777

Sunday July 19th

Plan was to get up BRIGHT and early to hit the bay with the wife. :Gonefishing:

The night before, Megan asks one of her friends to come over with her boyfriend (NOT MY GIRLFRIENDS BOYFRIEND HAHAHAH ) ! Well that went later than anticipated, and we didn't get to bed till about 1… so the early morning thing kind of fell by the way side. I ended up getting loaded up, and on the water by about 10:30 AM :oops:

I missed the top water bite as I saw everyone leaving the shallows for deeper water, so I figured it was done. I headed out in search of some deeper weed beds. I was looking for some sparse weeds I could rip a spinner bait through. I came up to one stretch while motoring along I thought might be good. It was about 6-8 FOW and weeds stretched to the surface here and there. PERFECT :clapping: ....I pulled a 180 and headed to the beginning to start a drift.

I was using a fire tiger pattern Booyah spinner bait. I landed a couple nice fish… maybe in the 1 LBS range but nothing to be excited about. I searched around there for about an hour or so, It was a decent size area.

Once I figured there was nothing there, I packed up and headed in search of some fish ! I stopped a tossed a few at a couple other places in the bay I thought might work. But I had no bites. Today was more/less a search and destroy day. It was only my 3rd or 4th time out by myself and in the bay since I got my boat and I really took the time to do some searching of my own !

Well, I found it…. Same type of structure as the earlier spot… but a little deeper. The wind was blowing ABSOLUTLY PERFECT… Southwest wind…. Since it was my first time fishing this area I didn’t know how big it was. Well it was huge… I would say about a KM long by half a KM wide…. Perfect weeds, weed lines, random weed patches that stretched right up to the surface…. Lots of holes in the weeds. PERFECT SPOT !!!!

I tossed the fire tiger some more with no luck… 1 or 2 fish…. That’s when I decided a change was due… I threw on a straight chartreuse spinner with bronze willow and Colorado. Once that lure hit the water…. It was GAME ON !!!!!!!!

I drifted the area 3 times before the wind changed directions and I landed roughly 15-16 fish in about 3 hours. They ranged in size from little dinks up to I would say 3 lbs

I didn’t take any pics of the dinks, because I was by myself for one, and I didn’t want to drift to much messing with a small fish !

2 Highlights for the day !

Number 1 highlight...As I was reeling in a decent bass, I would say he was about 2 lbs. As I got him right to the boat I saw 3 others the same size if not bigger trying to steal my lure out of his mouth ! I popped him off and got back in the water as fast as I could but I didn’t get anything else. BLAAAA ! First time that has happened to me ! :thumbsup_anim:

Highight #2 ... Was the big fish for the day… I did get a pic of her though !

She was roughly 19 “ long and I don’t know the weight as I didn’t have a battery in my scale but if I had to guess I would say around 3 lbs ???? I dunno, you guys tell me !

035.jpg

036.jpg

039.jpg

This fish weighted in at 2.25 LBS for comparison ...

109.jpg

All in all this spot was DEAD on, there were a few othe guys out I talked to that had NO LUCK all day... It was just one of those days for me I guess.... :D:D:D

Thanks for reading the report….. I know it was long ! sorry ! hahah

Stay tuned for July 23rd Report !

Edited by Lunker777

Sunday July 19th

The night before she has one of her friends and her boy friend over for drinks ! Well that went later than anticipated, and we didn't get to bed till about 1…

for I minute I read it as, she had a friend and her boy friend//and I wondered why you would tell us that your wife had a boy friend

but then I figured it out and all was well

any ways nice going

for I minute I read it as, she had a friend and her boy friend//and I wondered why you would tell us that your wife had a boy friend

but then I figured it out and all was well

any ways nice going

haha yeah I was thinking the same thing! :lol: Had to read it over a couple of times to see if I was missing out on something!

Lunker777 - it's friday today, let's call that pig a 4 pounder and enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,

Ryan

haha yeah I was thinking the same thing! :lol: Had to read it over a couple of times to see if I was missing out on something!

Lunker777 - it's friday today, let's call that pig a 4 pounder and enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,

Ryan

HAHAHA Hey, if thats what your calling it at, I wont argue !!! Weekends here.... maybe Ill top it !

Thanks for the replies folks !

PS... I've edited it so you guys dont think my Gf is dating someone else haha

Edited by Lunker777