Sign in to follow this  
GBW

hope you get this on time

"Hi

Sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to London for a program, I'm presently in London and am having some difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. presently my passport and my things are been held down by the hotel management pending when i make payment. I will like you to assist me with a loan of $2545 to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home. I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, I'll Refund the money back to you as soon as i return,let me know if you can be of any help? ASAP.

Thanks"

The above text was sent to my from my grandmothers email account. The second I got this on my b-berry I called my father to ask where my grandmother was and read him the email. Needless to say he said I'll call you back and called her right away. About an hour later I get another email from her, this time it was her.

"Someone has hacked into my email account and say I am in London and send money to them etc, I have called rogers and now I am writing to everyone on my list... this is a BIG HOAX.

They swallowed up my list and the only way I can inform anyone is to look into my mail, which I just did and they have cleaned out my send, trash, everything...thank goodness I had printed my addresses... they expect money to be sent to my email address and they will get it.. so please realize this ia a BIG SCAM"

Just after that I get an email from my dad:

"She had her contacts file wiped out and some other stuff. She's confused right now. She had a hard copy from last year, it has most on it. She's sending out a note telling people it's a hoax. She got a call from xxxx down in Legas as he was suspicious that it wasn't her who sent it out. xxxx also called her, he will call xxxx and xxxx and a cop friend of his. She was told by Rogers that she should tell the police so tomorrow she is going to 32 div to report this. She called the fraud number I gave her but the guy is away til Mon. I can't find this scam on the web yet, it must be a new one.... Dad"

So be warned! This is some jack ass going after a woman in her mid 80's and they don't care who they hurt. I hope they find the person and make them spend time with "Bubba" who has been put away for life. Not just because this is my grandmother, but to target people her age to scam them and the whole family and friends!?!?! I say xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx to that person or people...