quick questions: where to buy Daiwa Cielo, and G loomis vs st croix

Guest buick14

Guest buick14

hi there

does anybody know of any local shops (local as in Ontario) that sell Daiwa Cielo?

the second question is St Croix vs G Loomis blanks: There is the st croix elite and extremes with scv blanks, which are in the exact price range as the g loomis GLX

Any information on which blank is better?

thank you!

-Mark

The Angling Specialties location at Hwy 7 and Keele in Concord carries some of the nicer Daiwa rods, as does Gagnon Sports in Oshawa, if I recall correctly.

I am no expert on blanks, but I've heard that GLX still has the edge on sensitivity over the top St. Croix blanks. St. Croix seems to have better customer support in the area, but again, it's only what I've heard. GLoomis has also announced they're quitting the blanks biz this year, so that may be a factor too.

Cheers.

Shimano has owned G.Loomis for ten years and recently seems to be bringing everything closer to "Home." Last year they shut down the Canadian operation in Mount Hope, and now they are dropping the sale of blanks to rod builders. Maybe the book keeping isn't worth the trouble to a multi-national like Shimano.