point clark ontario

fishinguypat

Point Clark definitely does not get a Salmon/Steelhead run (as mentioned, the creek there is too small to support Salmonid reproduction). That said, the Lake Huron Fishing Club releases Browns from their Kincardine hatchery there and it is possible to catch them off of the rocks at the marina. Besides Browns, you can catch a real mixed bag of fish species there.

Is Pt. Albert any good? It's got a pretty little river and a fish lift thingy.

JF

Yes, the Nine Mile river has healthy Steelhead and Salmon runs. Not many secret spots and a lot of angling pressure in the Spring and Fall!

Beautiful scenery.

Paul

Yes, the Nine Mile river has healthy Steelhead and Salmon runs. Not many secret spots and a lot of angling pressure in the Spring and Fall!

Beautiful scenery.

Paul

There's some pretty good river bass & pike fishing just inland of that but I haven't tried close to the lake.

JF

Ive fished Port Albert for 20 years...but the last few years ive not even bothered making the drive due to lack of fish and the fishing pressure on the few that were there ...it is a beautiful area and WAS a very well kept secret making for some great outings for the steelies and salmon runs .... recent declining numbers of fish the past few years in Huron have definatly reflected in the production of the Nine Mile River ....

Ive had second hand reports for the Nine Mile from many fisherman the past few years stating that its numbers were extremely lo ...but you might want to confirm with the local steel headers for factual numbers on their lifts ...personally ....i would stick to the larger rivers

Ive fished Port Albert for 20 years...but the last few years ive not even bothered making the drive due to lack of fish and the fishing pressure on the few that were there ...it is a beautiful area and WAS a very well kept secret making for some great outings for the steelies and salmon runs .... recent declining numbers of fish the past few years in Huron have definatly reflected in the production of the Nine Mile River ....

Ive had second hand reports for the Nine Mile from many fisherman the past few years stating that its numbers were extremely lo ...but you might want to confirm with the local steel headers for factual numbers on their lifts ...personally ....i would stick to the larger rivers

Last year water levels were better but previously in the drier years that river can be pretty low and it can be hard for fish to move up. And you're right about the fishing pressure, that place is a zoo. I don't fish it often, even though I have a free place to stay less than 5 min away, as I usually do better elsewhere.