Dollarama Derby

Cudz

I know I'll be looking for SNAG's post's and checking the line that it's not braid or 50LB floro... ;)

They do sell leaders there as well but not the ones SNAG has on his spinners. I will be looking very close at the pics as well. ;)

**No catching fish with your normal rod and reel and then putting the dollarama rig in the pic. This has to be legit and honest.

I am SOOO ready to go out and get some gear for this, HAHAHAHA!

TJ and any other Admin's and MOD's, want anyone to post a poll or you make this a "sticky" thread about this while it get's worked out?

Damn the Fort Erie D-ram only has the reel and a few lures....no hooks, rods, sinkers etc. I will have to check out the Niagara Falls one.

If I'm able to make the date that's selected, boat spots are available, and people are willing to split on gas...I can take at least 4 people in my minivan!

:Gonefishing:

Dollarama bamboo pole. It came with line, a hook, a weight and a float. I did not buy the canned sweetcorn there as they were all out.

HPIM0118__Small_.JPG

Forgot to ad this was last year. :D

There are 4 dollaramas in Barrie. I know that 2 of the stores have the cane poles. One store has a rod reel combo for $2 and the other has a telescopic rod for $2 and reels for $1.25 I think. I think I am going to get the telespcopic rod. It looks the strongest. Not that it matters, I think the reel will be the week link. Apart from the wire bail I didn`t anything but plastic on it.

I was just in a Dollarama the other day and I think the telescopic rod is $2 and the reel is another $2. That will leave you 6 bucks for dollar spam for bait and lures. I could be wrong though...

I do have a few Dollarama lures and they have worked. My son actually picked up a $2 rod back in the spring because he just couldn't say no to it, I rigged it up with an old 1970's Mitchel 300 reel but none of us has tried it yet.

Your dollar derby idea sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup_anim:

im in 100% lets make a site thing to cause lots o us prob cant make it if its somewhere far away like me i bike everywere

You could maybe post a picture of your fish, on a Dollarama lure, showing also the Dollarama reel and the front page of the current day's newspaper, posted to the site before, say, midnight.

" If we don`t have a Dollarama thread we can just post reports with Dollarama in the title.

Attention Moderators >>>>> see above >>>>> Please give us a sticky to start this...

"If we really want to do this right we should spend an extra $10 and go to goodwill at the same time and get some sweet swag to accompany our sweet fishing tackle."

Hmmmm.. .why do you think i "need" to spend another $10.00 on some new "swag"... the missus says I look like a redneck already B)

" If we don`t have a Dollarama thread we can just post reports with Dollarama in the title.

Attention Moderators >>>>> see above >>>>> Please give us a sticky to start this...

Sounds like a fun idea folks. Just got to round up the other mods and have a pow wow....

How about a "regional" thing?

Ie:

Southwestern Ontario (519 area code- Kitchener down to Windsor)

GTA (416 & 905 area codes)

Eastern Ontario ( Oshawa and east)

Northern ( 705 area code -Barrie and north of there)

All other members, from outside of Ontario, can join in the region of their choice.

Any thoughts ?

Splashhopper and Botbot

Edited by splashhopper

I've waited my whole life for this moment.

Not fair. You've been researching the Dollarama lures and practicing with them. There should be a 10% penalty for "experts" or at least have a Pro's Division & one for us Rookies.

JF

I picked these up this morning...

dollarama.jpg

There was a whole rack of them, and I don't think any two lures were alike.

Couldn't quite get myself to spring for the $2 reel though. I like bargains for tackle but that one kinda stuck in my craw... for now anyway. :)

The lures look like they might last through a fish or two but the reel looks like it would be a real challenge to catch anything with! (Just the kind of thing for a fun derby, though --- might make for some great stories!)

I tell ya what!! I just pinned this.. cause I think this is a great idea. If you guys get this G2G going, I will definitely get some prizes together, Starting off with some subway gift cards, and OFC apparel. As a matter of fact.. Ill donate a jacket to the winner... Kinda like this one...

13weir.jpg

Lets get some rules finalized and a date and place!!

I picked these up this morning...

There was a whole rack of them, and I don't think any two lures were alike.

Couldn't quite get myself to spring for the $2 reel though. I like bargains for tackle but that one kinda stuck in my craw... for now anyway. :)

The lures look like they might last through a fish or two but the reel looks like it would be a real challenge to catch anything with! (Just the kind of thing for a fun derby, though --- might make for some great stories!)

I bougth two lures today as well but they are WAY BETTER than yours.

I am writing up some rules and regs and I will post them here in my first post when I get them done. If you have any changes you would like seen the rules let me know. I will have them a little later today. I have to go play with my kids.

Edited by Cudz

I bougth two lures today as well but they are WAY BETTER than yours.

Aw damn! Did I get the wrong colours???

Hey, did you notice? They're rattlin' lures! Now that's quality at a bargain basement price! :P