Dollarama Derby

Cudz

I am seriously thinking of having a dollarama derby. The night before we go to Dollarama and can only spend $10 (including rod and reel). You can't use anything but dollarama stuff and we have a fishing tourney.

There is a good assortment of spinners, spoons, cranks, and poppers to choose from. No live bait allowed but you can use the food from the food section. Rod and reel is $2 and that leaves $8 for lures. Should be funny. I will let you know if we get this off the ground. I wonder how long the reel will last? Maybe 2 fish.

For OFNers only? That would be an interesting G2G. We'd be forced to drink a lot to overcome the embarrassment of using cheesy gear - and getting our butts kicked by newbies - - -

Oh wait! Newby - that's me!

Hey! This is a great idea. We all start off on an equal footing with no $300 rods that no one can remember the name of, or Kazillion dollar reels that have 47 bearings in the little finger spinner thingies alone, and who knows how many in the real important gutsy parts that most of us don't understand, and line that is priced by the inch and will horse a small whale, and plastic baits that cost more than it would to hand raise the little worms from babyhood, including worm diapers and teeny little soothers.

Hmmmm! Does Dollarama sell Minnkotas, GPS's & hi-def fishfinders? And I suspect that's not a baitcaster or a pin for $1.00. That'll seriously cripple some of these guys if those aren't available.

This is a great idea. But then I'm a kloset kommunist.

JF

Oh my!

I visited the dollar store....and yes they have lures as well as 2 dollar reels! LMAO!

I didn't pick up the reel, grabbed a few spinners since they are only a dollar! hahaha.

If this goes down I'll grab the reel, its 100% plastic lol!

I'm cool with the whole "fish when you can idea" about it, but a GTG to get out and see 20+ people out there doing this would be priceless (well $10.00 or less per person but you get the point :)).

Anyone think that the time from Aug 29 to Sept 7 is a good time? It is the last week before the kid's head back to school and it cover the long weekend. I mean, those that cannot do a GTG and have maybe a day or 2 to get out can post the fish with said rod, reel and lure from any days in that time? And then the others that can make a GTG post those? these are just ideas as I think this would be too damn funny to see the pic's and see what goes on - on the water with this "gear"....

Ok, so here is the deal. I would love to have a tourney on Simcoe out of boats but it is probably not going to work. I was thinking this. We start a dollarama thread and we all take one day (or a couple of hours in a day, I don`t want to ruin your whole day) and we fish anywhere we want with our dollarama rigs. When we catch a fish on our dollarama gear (IT MUST BE ALL DOLLARAMA INCLUDING ROD REEL LINE SINKERS HOOKS LURES ETC) we post pics. Rod and reel in hand and bait in mouth if possible. No live bait. Just dollarama stuff. If we don`t have a dollarama thread we can just post reports with dollarama in the title.

I am buying my rod and reel tomorrow (be careful some already look broken in the packages LOL)

Looks like snag has already got a leg up on the competition. I remember last year a bunch of blue fox and YUM stuff was on sale at dollarama. They have a 15 piece jig set there as well as some nice hardbaits, lol. I will buy some hooks and weights and drop shot for some trophy Simcoe smallies.

If we really want to do this right we should spend an extra $10 and go to goodwill at the same time and get some sweet swag to accompany our sweet fishing tackle.

If we really want to do this right we should spend an extra $10 and go to goodwill at the same time and get some sweet swag to accompany our sweet fishing tackle.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, wait I don't need to... :huh: all my old stuff is at the cottage and I use it all the time as my fishing gear, can I get an extra $10 at rama then? LOL!