New Lowrance High Resolution Sonar

Last week Lowrance unveiled its new Structure Scan fishfinders at the ICAST fishing tackle trade show in Orlando, Florida. If the screen shots are even close to accurate, this looks pretty amazing. No word on when it will be here, or pricing, at this point.

Here's the basic info on the Lowrance website:

Lowrance Structure Scan

And, here's a sample screen shot showing it in split-screen mode ... high res sonar on the left, GPS on the right. Wow!

(click to enlarge)

I was reading lowrance was having problems with the hds units, so I would wait a while

and I also read reports that guys that were testing them like the hummingbird side image better......

I don't know, so I will start saving my money now and in about a year I will decide which one to buy

I hope lowrance has all the bugs out cause I like them

I have been drooling over the HDS units since they were annouced last year.

I decided to wait a year (always a smart move with new technology) to make sure there were no serious issues.

So far the one serious issue has been water leaking into the screen on the smaller units. :oops:

I'm glad I waited because of this and the fact when I do buy I can now spend more money on really cool toys!!! :lol:

I saw some video of the side scanning feature posted by Lowrance on youtube a month or two ago and was pretty impressed then, and they didn't even show the down scanning feature. While the side scanning feature is really cool that down scanning feature is awesome!!!!! It's like having a camera mounted to the bottom of your boat pointing at the bottom of the lake. :D I need one just so I can run all over the lakes looking for lost boats, cars and snowmobiles!!!!! :lol:

I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!!!

I was reading lowrance was having problems with the hds units, so I would wait a while

and I also read reports that guys that were testing them like the hummingbird side image better......

I don't know, so I will start saving my money now and in about a year I will decide which one to buy

I hope lowrance has all the bugs out cause I like them

Yea the lowrance had problems early in the year but there was updates for the units on there website

I believe some "lots" of the HDS 7 units left the factory with bad seals and rain water was getting inside the units and completely disabling them. This has now been addressed by Lowrance

I see that the new side scan will be available in Nov '09 at the cost of another $599.00 on top of what your HDS unit already set you back.......a man can never have enough toys, can he ...... :)

I believe some "lots" of the HDS 7 units left the factory with bad seals and rain water was getting inside the units and completely disabling them. This has now been addressed by Lowrance

I see that the new side scan will be available in Nov '09 at the cost of another $599.00 on top of what your HDS unit already set you back.......a man can never have enough toys, can he ...... :)

Great!!! Now I need almost $4000 for my new fishfinder. :rolleyes:

What you wanna be to make these units worthwhile is a Rich Gear Junky!!! :D

I dunno, I just find it a bit extreme.

Can you imagine... taking one of these units out so you can participate in the Dollarama Tournament with your $2 reel and $1 lures? Now that would be funny! :P