Who here is the carp king...

TJQ

I need some content on Carp Fishing - two things in particular. I can tpay much, but I guarantee ya your content will be up with some pro's!!

Who is the most knowledgeable carp fisherman here??? Ya gotta be able to write a bit too!!

brook trout mebbe.

my carp articles would likely involve a bowfishing outfit and a case of beer.

Beer is never bad ....... unless it's Black Label and you have to share a tent with me.

JF

Now I'm all for Hammercarp, or MJL, or any other carp guru writing a delightfully dry article recycling all sorts of lovely information that's already been said in lot's of other articles.......hair rigs, boilies & method mix oh my!

Or.....bear with me T.J......we go in another direction.

What the angling world needs is a Hunter Thompson-esque figure to shake up the establishment and make them think. Make them think about carp! The psychedelic Cronzy of carp if you will.

Hey, I've already laid the groundwork, flesh out This Post, add a sidekick..........hey I even have a title!

Fight Of The Sausage Creature: Gonzo Carpin'

.......When I came to, the general back-alley ambience of the swim was so rotten, so incredibly foul. How long had I been lying there? All these signs of violence. What had happened? There was evidence in this spot of excessive consumption of almost every type of bait known to civilized anglers since 1544 AD. What kind of gear addict would need all these pods, buzzers & crushed sunflower seeds? Would the presence of fish account for all these crumbs of chicken feed? Would rockbass leave these puddles of still damp fish slime? Maybe so. But then why all this bait? These were not the hoofprints of your average God-fearing angler gear junky. It was too savage. Too aggressive. Then like Moses parting the Red Sea the thought came to me in a flash......it was carp....only carp can lay down a shallow water smack down like this, no silly acrobatics on the surface like a smack addict doing the funky chicken. Nope, just BOOM! instant take off on the hook set. Some people will tell you that small is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you brotha that big is better. And carp are big. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Big strong fish will out pull small strong fish every day of the week. That is why God made carp, Bubba......

Heck there's even a tie-in to our straight to DVD movie effort: Fear & Loathing In Lakair, Adventures In Sheepshead Country!