Hassard Lake/Magnetawan River

shepdaug

Hello everyone!

I'm new to these boards, but it seems as though this is the place to come for fishing advice in Ontario. I am heading to a cottage on Hassard Lake (The Magnetawan River) near Kearney this weekend, and can't find much information about the fishing. I assume they have bass, pike and pickerel, but if anyone has any experience with these bodies of water, advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I fish the area frequently. There are mostly Pike and Smallie's. There aren't great numbers but there are quality fish. It can be a tough go at times though. Walleye are found further up the river closer to Doe Lake and further north from there.

I fish the area frequently. There are mostly Pike and Smallie's. There aren't great numbers but there are quality fish. It can be a tough go at times though. Walleye are found further up the river closer to Doe Lake and further north from there.

Thanks for the reply! Have you fished Hassard Lake in particular? Are there any spots in the area that seem to produce better than others?

Thanks again.