jig head paint

GBW

Hi all.

I am sure that my question has been asked but I didn't find what I was looking for when I did a google search. So, what is the best paint to use when painting a jig head? Can I take my wife's nail pollish and use it and not worry about it (sent from it) in the water days after painting? does marker work and stick? What I want to know is what can I use that will work, work well and not have a sent to it when wet. also, can I get said paint anywhere and not have to go to a special shop? Thanks!!

G

acrylics work well, although fish that have teeth tend to bite off the paint like all jigheads.

I would also imagine that your wife's nail polish would work just as well.

Good Luck with your search for a good Jig head paint!

tks EC1!

As for the nail polish, I find it smells when you open it up BUT not sure if it smells a week after you paint the jig and toss it in the lake...

any other info would be great too.

I really like the Pro Tec powder paints for painting jigs and spoons!

http://www.csipaint.com/products/powder-co...owder-paint.asp

I use the toaster oven method and it allows me to paint about 50 at a time.

It's a good way to amuse yourself on rainy or cold winter days!!!

You can get some good hints and tips from this site as well.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/

Edited by GCD

I have found that nail polish does not hold up very well. Bouncing across rocks and such will chip the polish off pretty quick.

But... it's cheap and lots of colors available these days. And, it dries in minutes. You can keep a selection of colors on the boat with you. ;)

I have found that nail polish does not hold up very well. Bouncing across rocks and such will chip the polish off pretty quick.

But... it's cheap and lots of colors available these days. And, it dries in minutes. You can keep a selection of colors on the boat with you. ;)

TKS, after all I am only going to make a few ripping jig's for now so I guess I can test it out. I'm sure glad the Mrs doesn't read this or I would be in some maj do-do. I can see it now..."what has happened to all my nail pollish? I never use it but when I want to it's gone?!?!" hehehe

TKS, after all I am only going to make a few ripping jig's for now so I guess I can test it out. I'm sure glad the Mrs doesn't read this or I would be in some maj do-do. I can see it now..."what has happened to all my nail pollish? I never use it but when I want to it's gone?!?!" hehehe

Just keep your SOCKS on... she will never know you paint your toenails then "Metroman" :P

I really like the Pro Tec powder paints for painting jigs and spoons!

http://www.csipaint.com/products/powder-co...owder-paint.asp.....

Problem is I don't think they can ship powdered paints across the border, or possibly that is only the glow paint. I tried to order some from the US but apparently it's hazardous materials so if I wanted it had to go through a certified hazmat broker for mondo bucks. Heh drove across and just picked it up, but it was a hassle. That could be just for the glow paint though.

Luremaking.com has pretty much the same thing so us Canucks are better off going through there.

I second or third or what ever its at for powder paint they are great and you can do many jigs with a bottle the smell from baking them in the oven does not last so your wife will not kill you when she cooks a roast the next week it will be fine.Just heat and dip but remember t obreak the eyes open after baking if you have paint on them if not its a beach to do.

I will also mix my powder paint together to get different colors or shades of colors you dont have to air brush them on but it can be done Roy won a air brush kit here a couple years ago and could let you know how it works.

Good luck its fun to do.

Problem is I don't think they can ship powdered paints across the border, or possibly that is only the glow paint. I tried to order some from the US but apparently it's hazardous materials so if I wanted it had to go through a certified hazmat broker for mondo bucks. Heh drove across and just picked it up, but it was a hassle. That could be just for the glow paint though.

Luremaking.com has pretty much the same thing so us Canucks are better off going through there.

Yes they do!... and here's the link:

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalo...owder_paint.htm

I don't know what is with the shipping of some things, they claim the powder paint to be non toxic and non flamable.

I can only get Spike-It soft plastics dye and scent delivered by UPS or Fedex ground, and it's supposed to be non toxic and non flamable too. :rolleyes:

MrEh Posted Today, 05:38 AM

Good luck its fun to do.

Yes it is!

Yea until the co comes by and sees it. LOL. Wouldnt that be something.

Just keep your SOCKS on... she will never know you paint your toenails then "Metroman" :P

hey now, my toes may be bad to look at but they are what they are, not "paint" needed... ;)

TKS all for the replies too.