CTC salmon combo on sale

gdelongchamp

I have been thinking about trying salmon fishing and perhaps trout using downriggers. CTC has some heavy duty combo rods and reels c/w tackle and organizer. A ridiculously low price. I believe the combo pkg is by Tackle Target or something like that. Anyone familiar with this. It's only $40.00 bucks with taxes. The lures alone are worth at least fifteen dollars.

I am looking at two sets for me and a partner to try this out. Will pick up some elect riggers later if I decide to pursue this.

For 50 bucks what the heck? But then when I think about it, Walmart used to sell combos like this one for $25 and all through the southern states, (eastern coastal at least) combos like this range from 20 to 50 bucks at Walmart, flea markets and tackle shops.

I'm waiting till Saturday to see what rods my local fishing place has.

I currently use the Wal-Mart special! lol..

$19.99 - Ready2Fish (company) it came with 6lbs line, weights, hooks, some bait, stringer, and some bobbers!

13 days in Parry Sound I caught countless small mouth, several large mouth, a couple perch, and even a pike!

Now that was the best $20 I've ever spent....but I do wan't something with a nicer feel...you can tell the rod was 20 dollars hahaha. Not sure if that rod your looking at would feel the same.

Thank you all for your input regarding these combos.

So, I went to CTC and purchased two of them. Brought them to the cash and the young lady informed me that the price reduction tags on them had expired July 10.

Soooooo she says, because the stickers are expired now, would you still like the rods? And here is the kicker I am not expecting, "we will remove an additional ten dollars off the already lowered price." "Oh really" I said. So I can purchase the combos for 29.00? "Not a problem" I said, and plunked down the plastic. "Rack her up" I said.

So I got me two nice combos for one heck of a deal and will look forward to trying them out. And without blowing my budget all to hell. Lood for a report in the future.

Thank you all for your input regarding these combos.

So, I went to CTC and purchased two of them. Brought them to the cash and the young lady informed me that the price reduction tags on them had expired July 10.

Soooooo she says, because the stickers are expired now, would you still like the rods? And here is the kicker I am not expecting, "we will remove an additional ten dollars off the already lowered price." "Oh really" I said. So I can purchase the combos for 29.00? "Not a problem" I said, and plunked down the plastic. "Rack her up" I said.

So I got me two nice combos for one heck of a deal and will look forward to trying them out. And without blowing my budget all to hell. Lood for a report in the future.

but are they full cork?